Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  13

Thread: My Heart Soars when I see my Dad's selfie video!!

Post Thanks / Like

My Heart Soars when I see my Dad's selfie video!!

I'm going through the 2019 Power Tour photos from earlier this June. These are my Dad's photos that I'm putting together in Book form to give him for Christmas.

He has taken photos and videos, and I've been skipping the videos. But this particular one snuck past me and was uploaded into my folder.

When seeing the file format, I was going to delete it, but I decided to play it first; And My HEART SOARED!

He's 78 yrs old and we've done (2) Long Haul Power Tours together in the Cobra. This last tour was wet and cold on a couple of days, but he doesn't care. We've done thousands of miles together in the Cobra.

I always knew how much he Loved our time together, and I cherish the time too. This is what it's all about!

Love you Dad, and I can't wait for this years Tour.

https://youtu.be/3D4DHpS_lMU

Dad enjoying the Ride
    Last edited by DadofThree; 11-13-2019 at 04:48 PM.
    Dave
    Mk 3.1 - #6882 - 5.0L 302 - FiTech EFI - 3-Link - 3.08 Ratio - 15" Wheels
    Greenhorn and doing the best I can
    My photos are at: My Flickr acct
    Videos are at: YouTube Videos

Post Thanks / Like
    He looks good and obviously having a great time. Congrats to both of you.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Precious moments. So wish my Dad were still here to share the build and drive experience with me...
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

4. Likes Aircontroller, ydousurf liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's just great Dave! It was a pleasure to meet him when you guys came by the shop

Jeff

6. Likes Aircontroller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dad of three, you are a lucky man.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is awesome!
    Thanks for sharing.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    What An Amazing Experience & Memory!

Post Thanks / Like
    Flat out awesome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave-

Wonderful and heartwarming to see! You two have been able to share some terrific experiences together, that I am certain will help sustain you in other, more challenging times.

Thank you for sharing and helping to remind us of what is important!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    That's really cool. I'll have to drive my Roadster the 480 miles down to TN for my Dad to ride in it (though he did sit on the floor aluminum for a low-speed neighborhood gokart).

I also envy your Dad's hairline.

John
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313

Post Thanks / Like
    So cool - I love his smile, and yes I too have hairline envy!

My Dad used to drive a Harley. On one of our cruises in the cobra I looked over, his eyes were closed and he had tears. He said the wind, sounds, and smell of the car all brought back so many memories of his biking years. He is 81 now and those years are done. If this is a way we can help them re-live it I am all for it!

Thanks for posting!

Geoff

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, he looks great. Enjoy the ride and memories, thanks for sharing!

Mick

Post Thanks / Like
    DadofThree,

You my friend are one fortunate man! Not so much having the car to make memories, for which, it most surely doesn't hurt and it can surely can set the stage for endless smiles and laughs. I too am a Dad-of-Three, and I can't wait to take my children in the future and drive around this great country too. But as I was implying, the "fortune" you have, is having your father around to make those precious memories all that much more special and priceless! I'm about to begin my build and wish my parents were still here to see and could experience the adventures with me. I do plan to add a stereo and play their favorite tunes as I drive, especially when I'm alone and I can reflect back on everything they did for me. I also plan to dedicate my entire build to them. On my first "official drive" will be a song that gets played: Pictues of You by The Cure. I miss em both so very much! So, live through your Father and hopefully your Mother too? As well as other family members and friends.
    I must add, your post made me tear up, as I reach for a tissue. It resonated in way that made me just happy for you and your family. Enjoy the precious moments made and continue to make as many more memories as possible. Thanks for sharing the video with us!

Dj

16. Thanks DadofThree thanked for this post
    Likes DadofThree liked this post