Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Why I have my Roadster

Post Thanks / Like

Why I have my Roadster

In the early mid 20th Century, in the frozen northland, populated by mastodons and my family, a man with a XK120 with just a tonneau, drove that car every day to his general store. I was approaching puberty when I once saw that man beating on his spinners with a lead hammer. Might well have been my first sexual experience.
    In 1963, graduating from high school, preparing to go to college, I spent my college funds on a car for sale in someone's yard. It was a 1955 Porsche Speedster 1500 Normal. Love at first sight. Drove my Speedster with just a tonneau, in the same frozen north, throughout college and into my first job. Joined SCCA, got a competition license and was racin'. Was on the track when Cobras first made their appearance. I was D production getting my doors blown off by B production and A production Corvettes. With the greatest pleasure I had on track view of the Cobras eating everybody's lunch, dinner, and breakfast. The Cobras were racing and the racers on the track were spectating.
    Then life happened, yada yada, and two weeks ago behind a shop a new love was kindled, born on the ashes of a full life. A car guy scored in one purchase, from one seller, a 289 Pony Interior survivor, a K-Code survivor, and what was to become my roadster. That roadster was love at first sight, struck by lightening, the 1414K was mine the instant I saw it. It could not be more mine if I was born in it. Instead of spending college money, this time I spent my hospice savings for that roadster and ordered and installed a tonneau. Going out the way I came in, but now A Whole Lot Warmer!
    A simple life, with simple memories, but the life of a roadster crazy that values cars above most all.
    That is why I have my roadster. Thank you for reading.
    Less is Less

2. Likes Papa, ydousurf liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for sharing that story. Good to have you in the family.
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

4. Thanks Swamplife2 thanked for this post