BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Consulting Services with my build

Post Thanks / Like

Consulting Services with my build

Would any of the professional builders be interested in consulting me on my build. I would love to have someone I could send pictures to, possibly call if needed, and if necessary fly out and help me with difficult parts of the build. I don’t in anyway want someone to build the car for me I just want to make sure I’m doing things right. I’m willing to pay a reasonable amount for professional help.

I’ve so far completed the front/rear end, and the peddle box. I’m currently waiting for the lower steering shaft and want to move forward but my OCD had a problem moving ahead of the factory five manual.

My build consists of a Gen 3 Coyote engine, IRS, and Coyote Power Steering.

Post Thanks / Like
    Post your Qs here. Practice taking cell phone pics and uploading them. They really help us answer.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed. Post your questions and pictures in a build thread. If you're willing to do your part, meaning studying the manual and other instructions (e.g. the Coyote installation instructions, wiring harness instructions, etc.), and studying other builds, I'll bet you can do it. Where are you located?

Also, for the lower steering column, you're going to be moving it out of the way or removing completely to get that Coyote installed. The Coyote won't go in with it installed. So sure don't get stopped over that.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    The two forums are full of helpful folks who can and will offer insight and advise when you ask questions and show us photos. If you really want someone to show up in person periodically to check you over and keep you on track Mark Dougherty "The Traveling Builder" makes his living doing just that for builders all over the country (717)773-5624

Cheers,
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Feel free to give me a call. There really isn't anything we haven't tried in one of these cars. 520-494-2745
    99/2000 NASA PSO Champion-2005 west coast FFR challenge series Champions
    Sponsor Tony B's 2007 ST2 National Championship
    2009 NASA TTC runner up-2010 NASA TTB runner up

Post Thanks / Like
    Unless I missed it, I did not see your location. You might have a neighbor doing a build and not know it.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    You will find a remarkable amount of support on the forum

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Railroad View Post
    Unless I missed it, I did not see your location. You might have a neighbor doing a build and not know it.
    What he said. I am not sure why people don't list their location, but there are usually several local owners unless you are in the middle of nowhere. Even if they aren't very local, they are always looking for a good reason to take a drive.
    Steve K
    FFR 3906