Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Sending Unit Harness Routing?

Post Thanks / Like

Sending Unit Harness Routing?

Does the sending unit harness go through the firewall with a gen 2 coyote and vintage gauges?

Post Thanks / Like
    One way or the other you'll have to go through the firewall. Either with the RF harness and hook to the gauge sending units at the engine. Or use the cables supplied with the gauges and hook those up behind the dash.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went through the left most of the three holes that I already had in the middle of the firewall, across the top of the engine right along the fuel rail, fuel supply line and coils to the front, then down the front of the engine behind the thermostat housing. It makes a turn rearward in a little hole that the alternator bracket provides. That is right where the oil and temp sending units are, so it makes a nice hidden and secure route for the harness.
    Last edited by GTBradley; 11-19-2019 at 09:09 AM.
    Bradley

Build thread - Mk4, Coyote, IRS, Wilwood brakes, old-style soft top and accessories.

The distance between "finished" and finished is literally infinite.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GTBradley View Post
    I went through the left most of the three holes that I already had in the middle of the firewall, across the top of the engine right along the fuel rail, fuel supply line and coils to the front, then down the front of the engine behind the thermostat housing. It makes a turn rearward in a little hole that the alternator bracket provides. That is right where the oil and temp sending units are, so it makes a nice hidden and secure route for the harness.
    If you take this approach, you can then mate the sender wires with the tach wire in the cylinder valley, bundle them together and run a single convolute-wrapped package off the back of the engine. This is what I did; running the bundle through the big hole at the top of the DS footbox.
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount