Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Can I fit a 6L80E transmission in the 35 truck?

Post Thanks / Like

Can I fit a 6L80E transmission in the 35 truck?

I'm looking at ordering a connect and cruise package soon and I see some are offered with the 6L80E 6 speed auto trans. One thing I like about this transmission is that the control unit comes set up for tap or paddle shifting.

But, it looks to be a little larger than the 4l series, does anyone know if it will fit?

Thanks, Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by House Money View Post
    I'm looking at ordering a connect and cruise package soon and I see some are offered with the 6L80E 6 speed auto trans. One thing I like about this transmission is that the control unit comes set up for tap or paddle shifting.

But, it looks to be a little larger than the 4l series, does anyone know if it will fit?

Thanks, Gary
    I have a 4l60e on a SBC and is supper tight. Have only about 1/4" clearance in back where pan fits up to the frame. I did have to move the engine back about 3/4" for my serpentine system to clear the rack. Looking at the size chart on below link it looks like size is pretty similar. I also have to do some major work to the trans tunnel due to size of the 4l60e. I'll also probably need to re locate the e-brake due to width of trans in back *** well.

https://paceperformance.com/p-28983-...imensions.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for that link, I agree that the dimensions don't appear to that much different. As for the e-brake, I have been thinking about using an electric actuated e-brake set-up. Could mount that on or under the dash or on the transmission tunnel or console if using one.

Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by House Money View Post
    Thanks for that link, I agree that the dimensions don't appear to that much different. As for the e-brake, I have been thinking about using an electric actuated e-brake set-up. Could mount that on or under the dash or on the transmission tunnel or console if using one.

Gary
    Good idea. I'm looking into that as well. If you would like some pictures of the 4l60e fit send me message with your email and I'll sent you a few.