Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Beautiful day for a drive!

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful day for a drive!

A perfect 60 degrees and a beautiful open sky makes for a wonderful day for a drive. Spent about 45 minutes out and about with no purpose but the drive. Crossed over 200 miles today.

Enjoy the journey and then enjoy the drive!!

MKIV Complete Kit: 3-link, vintage gauges, glove-box dash, chrome roll bars, 17" wheels, B/T leather seats, Gas-N side pipes and headers; Drive train: Levy 408w w/carb, TKO600, Moser 8.8 with 3.55s and GT rear brakes; Paint: Jeff Miller Ford Magnetic Grey Metallic with BMW Titan Silver stripes
    Ordered: 4/5/16, Order completion: 5/14/16, Delivered: 5/24/16, First start: 6/22/19, Registered and legal: 10/28/19

2. Likes ydousurf, rezell3d liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's a beautiful view. Enjoy every chance you get as we, here in the Midwest, have put our cars away for the winter. I will live vicariously through all the videos and pics that will be posted by the owners in the South and West.

Scott
    Built FFR9457. 351 Windsor, TKO600, 3.73. Fitech EFI. Russ Thompson throttle pedal, turn signal, and trunk pan. Carbon Fiber dash with Speedhut Revolution gauges. Paint by Jeff Kleiner.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK .... Thats kinda scary !!! You were out for 45 minutes and went 200 miles (lets do the math) and had one hand off the wheel to take PICTURES !!!!!

never mind ... you are talking total miles aren't you. Nice picture. Any more???

What do you think of a sub forum (admins) under general discussions "where I've been" or "my travels" or something along that line to group pics and stories of driving???
    Mk3.1 347 AFR 205cc Heads A9L EFI siemens deca 60lb injectors MSD 6AL ignition Vortech V-3 3 Link PS/PB

-- If you can’t fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem ! —

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice time im sure, should have done myself but had fb to watch, tomorrow it is happening!

Walt
    FFR8237 Donor build 89 GT , MK 4 , T5 , 17 " hallibrands 9" front 10.5 rear ,4×4 headers stainless mufflers, dual chrome roll bars, coil overs all 4,A/C and heater , soft top, 3:55 gears.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Just puttering View Post
    OK .... Thats kinda scary !!! You were out for 45 minutes and went 200 miles (lets do the math) and had one hand off the wheel to take PICTURES !!!!!

never mind ... you are talking total miles aren't you. Nice picture. Any more???

What do you think of a sub forum (admins) under general discussions "where I've been" or "my travels" or something along that line to group pics and stories of driving???
    Ha! Indeed. No, I kept it mostly within the speed limit, and crossed over 200 total miles since it hit the road about 3 weeks ago.

I did have a guy in a Tesla wanting to show off his torque. I just let him show off by himself while I casually grinned along my way. He's got me beat in torque, but I guarantee I have him beat in satisfaction and driving enjoyment. Mine also sounds and smells better (if you like the sound of a lope-y cam and nearly open exhaust along with the smell of gasoline and exhaust fumes...which I do, very much).

I took it out yesterday evening for a quick run to pick up a food order, and had a conversation with a few guys who pulled into a parking spot next to me in a Mustang. They had a hard time believe that it was assembled by me in my garage (one of them wanted to know if I owned a shop in town).

Last night I put it on on stands, loaded the rear suspension and re-checked the pinion angle, as I had a pretty strong vibration through the shifter in 3rd gear when pulling hard up to 5000rpm. Sure enough, the angle difference was a bit low (just shy of 1 degree), so I adjusted the upper link a bit to put me a bit closer to 2 degrees down (1.6 right now, IIRC), and will try it out again next time I have a chance. I think when I set it the first time, my magnetic analog angle finder wasn't getting it done. This time I used an angle finder on my phone and took three measurement on the crank pulley and three measurements on the face of the pinion flange to get a bit more accurate.

--Nathan
    MKIV Complete Kit: 3-link, vintage gauges, glove-box dash, chrome roll bars, 17" wheels, B/T leather seats, Gas-N side pipes and headers; Drive train: Levy 408w w/carb, TKO600, Moser 8.8 with 3.55s and GT rear brakes; Paint: Jeff Miller Ford Magnetic Grey Metallic with BMW Titan Silver stripes
    Ordered: 4/5/16, Order completion: 5/14/16, Delivered: 5/24/16, First start: 6/22/19, Registered and legal: 10/28/19

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    We did a 2.5hr loop of CA76/79/78 in San Diego. Tanned the left side of my neck on the way out then the right side on the way back . I think i've just crossed 600miles.
    Build 1: Mk4 Complete Kit #9312 Ordered 1/27/18, Delivered 3/24/18, CA SB100 Registered 9/11/19 - Gen 2 Coyote TKO600, IRS, Power Steering, Wilwood Brakes, 17" Halibrand
    Build 2: Gen3 Coupe Complete Kit #309 Ordered 1/25/21, Delivered 6/9/21 - BluePrint GM 427 LS T56, IRS, AC, Power Steering

Post Thanks / Like
    I took mine out for one of the final nice drives before winter sets in. Started the day at 42 degrees, which was pretty dang cold to me when going highway speeds. But then the clouds left, the temps rose, and it was one of those magical days that those of us in the car community cherish.IMG_20191106_115340.jpgIMG_20191106_110049.jpg
    Last edited by jimmylukeii; 11-18-2019 at 07:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by silver_pilate View Post
    ...I did have a guy in a Tesla wanting to show off his torque...
    Just smoke your tires as he pulls away. Traction control won't let him do that, and even though he "wins", he loses.

John
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313

Post Thanks / Like
    50 degrees and cloudy
    Also great day for my driving as they all are
    Pushing 50,000 miles
    Less is Less

Post Thanks / Like
    Got to do about 60 miles today, weather was perfect 78 deg. & sunny.20191119_142546.jpg

Walt
    FFR8237 Donor build 89 GT , MK 4 , T5 , 17 " hallibrands 9" front 10.5 rear ,4×4 headers stainless mufflers, dual chrome roll bars, coil overs all 4,A/C and heater , soft top, 3:55 gears.

Post Thanks / Like
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]117815

We took the crew up to VT recently for foliage viewing. Around 200 miles that day. Now we're into snow so sad times for the roadster crew now until spring.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I can’t wait until I get to post my own pictures like this.