FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pro-Shock springs?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Pro-Shock springs?

Anyone have a set of the original Pro-Shocks that can tell me what weight springs were included?

I've pulled mine from the car and there isn't anything on the coils indicating the weight rating.

Thanks,

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    The build manual should have that info!
    FFR 5136 Started as a donor...donor guages, engine, trans,etc. Now...TFS street intake,stage 1 cam, GT40p's,24# injectors and 80mm MAF,70mm TB,Z-spec t-5, and PSE Halibrand wrapped with Nitto 555 G2’s. My ever evolving dream car!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have fronts only on a MK II and they are marked "500". The rears are Koni "350". This is a big block car.

Director of R&D, FFR Jim Schenck's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Pro shocks came with a couple different rates over the course of production, but the most popular for a solid axle during that time was 450 front 250 rear. On those older springs a lot of times the rate was etched into the end of the spring as well.
    Jim Schenck
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mk 111 Pro Shocks are #450 front and #250 rear. Still holding up great, even with my fat *** compressing them!

Troy
    " The journey is the reward" Chinese Proverb
    FFR Roadster #5380
    FFR Spyder GT #030

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Schenck View Post
    The Pro shocks came with a couple different rates over the course of production, but the most popular for a solid axle during that time was 450 front 250 rear. On those older springs a lot of times the rate was etched into the end of the spring as well.
    Thanks Jim...

Looked at the end of the coils and there it was.....450 for the front and 200 on the rears,,

Love this place

Ray

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's what happened.....shock.jpg

Ray