Hey all... as you know many years back Factory Five had an issue with Bilstein Shocks and in combination with the supplied springs combined into a situation that caused the shock ends to break. Factory Five coordinated with Bilstein to get all the defective shocks recalled and reworked as well as replacing the springs.

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...ilstein+recall

I was over at someones house this weekend who had purchased a non-completed car from its original owner. It is a Mark 3 - He got my name from the local group and he reached out to me to come by and see the car and to answer a few questions he had about the car in general and to see if I could give him a few pointers.... Nice car and got a great deal on the thing... but as I was walking around it I noticed the Bilstein (Breaksteins) on there and they has NOT been reworked and still have the high spring count springs installed!!! I couldn't believe it! His car is an IRS so ALL 4 CORNERS were bad.

Please - if you have these on your non-completed cars - or have them on your completed cars - get rid of them and contact Bilstein for rework... for sure I would ask (for the others) - if you are selling the car with known recall/safety issue you should let the buyer know.

I have seen a couple catches in the last months - Jeff K pickup up on one I believe recently... these shocks were tagged back in 2007! and they are still out there...

anyway... if you know of anyone who is in the market for a non-completed kit (or completed I suppose) - please let them know.... I would sure hate for somebody to hurt themselves or somebody else.

stay safe!!