My 289 FIA Cobra is done. As of today, I have about 800 miles on the car. I am still in the sorting out process but, I think that is typical of new builds. Thanks again to all of you who were so helpful in the build process. I love the car and it drives and performs as expected. It is a tribute to the original 289 street car and somewhat the AC Bristol sports car before it became the Cobra. Of course great liberties were taken in the interpretation, the body is after all an FIA and not a slabside, but then again I guess that is why it is called, "Built Not Bought."

20191110_121248.jpg

The paint is by Ken Pike in Yuba City, California. Color is Viking Blue with a Arctic White stripe and Victory Red pin stripe. Tires are Hoosier Quick Time, 245/60-15 front and 275/60-15 rear.

20191110_121309.jpg

Headlights are from Lucas. The oil cooler is installed with a thermostatically controlled remote oil filter mount from Improved Racing.

20191110_121334.jpg

Side pipes are modified by Bob Boig to reduce the decibels a bit and ceramic coated in brushed chrome by Willy at Amerikote in Sacramento, CA. Fuel filler is mounted on a section of reinforced body on the surface as opposed to below as was the case with the original cars. Quick jacks are turned inside as was common on some of the early race cars. Roll bar delete as in the original AC Bristol and some of the early slabside cars.

20191111_125907.jpg

Door panels are upholstered by BK Upholstery in Cotati, CA as was the carpet and floor mats. Rear view mirror mount is courtesy of Chris (cnutting). Toggle switches are FFR and the dash knobs are from Superformance and control the headlights, wipers and heater.

20191111_130210.jpg

Brake and clutch pedals are traditional AC Cobra and the gas pedal is from Russ Thompson as is the turn signal switch.

20191111_130311.jpg

Motor is a 306 cu in from Mike Forte. Transmission is a TKO 600 with a midshift kit also from Mike. All else is pretty typical--CNC reservoirs, power rack and rubber hoses from Bob Boig. The Harrison tank is from Corvette Specialties. Note the oil breather tube to the clean side of the air cleaner. This is a California (CARB) requirement for registration.

20191111_130447.jpg

Traditional Halibrand 15" pin drive wheels from FFR with safety wire.