BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: It's about time!

Post Thanks / Like

It's about time!

Well gentlemen, after 30 years of looking at that wonderful shape of a vehicle, many posters on the wall, too numerous models built to remember and 10 years of looking into this wonderous company call Factory Five, I ordered my Roadster Kit today. I'm in a bit of Limbo right now and just soaking in what I have done. I've done about two weeks of cleaning shop and recycling about 3/4 ton of scrap metal for those projects that were taking up more space than they were worth or I wouldn't get done anyway. I've gotten much information from the great minds on this forum, and appreciate the brotherhood. I'll be picking more brains I'm sure as this adventure unfolds. Gee I've got a big cheesey grin on my face and don't know where it's coming from!

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes!!!
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    congratulation... it's an exciting time

Post Thanks / Like
    I know the feeling and the good news is it just keeps getting better as you go.

Congratulations!!
    One FFR and one VFR. I like symmetry

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks all of you!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Metal Mistress Madness
    Last edited by LuckyWinner; 09-10-2011 at 05:32 AM.
    Owner MK4 7642RD, 393 stroker, Gordon Levy Super Alloy T5, HDX Clutch, Moser 3.31 3-link with disc brakes, 17" Bullit wheels, NT05's, Seat heaters donated by WarmSeats.com, door panels donated by Herbs Door panels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the family!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nick - enjoy your build. I wish I had the knowledge, time and patience to do it but I can tell you once its done its a blast and a half. I'm a second owner and very happy I chose a Factory5.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, that's how it starts!

Welcome, NICKC!
    Coupe #497 delivered 7/29/10. Engine in on 10/1/10. Pushcart on 10/4/10. First start on 12/01/10. First go-cart on 12/31/10. Finished and on the road as of February 2012.
    Coupe Body Buck Plans - My Spray Booth - Painting Lessons Learned
    Build site: www.bamacoupe.blogspot.com
    Lots of build photos and some observations: http://www.flickr.com/photos/53614858@N05/

...master of none. CapeCoralCobra's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on your purchase. The fun really begins when its finally in your garage, and the grin never goes away.
    Alan, Mk 3.1 #7172, 308, GT40P heads, Crane roller rockers, TFS Stage 1 cam, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, Pro M 75mm MAF, March pulleys, Cobra spec T5, 3.73 8.8, Konis all around, 15" FFR Halibrands, Viper Red/Pure White Stripes.
    "There's nothing you can't do, only stuff you haven't done yet!" Randy Jones

Post Thanks / Like
    All the t's are crossed and the i's dotted. The kit will be ready Oct 1, then transported shortly afterwards by Stewart Transport. The people at FFR have been more than cordial and helpfull. Now I have to figure a way to sneek out of work when it gets here. I use to get furious at the stores putting out Christmas decorations out in September, but what the heck, Christmas in October is ok I guess!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Good job!! We may be spread out around the country, but anything we can do to help...

Post Thanks / Like
    Good for you! Live the dream!

I spent 12-13 years reading this cover to cover until I was in a place where I could live the dream.

Good luck.

Do you think if I sent this to factory five, Dave would sign it?

Post Thanks / Like
    The first of many firsts you'll enjoy on the journey. Savor every moment, memory, and mile.
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Nick C,

I see you have several posts. Maybe you described your build plans but I missed it if you did. Can you go over what your concept is and what goodies you are going to include?

Thanks, WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to "Cobra Funs"...this little car is going to bring you great friends.... miles of .... enjoy!!!!!!!!!
    Charles
    DRIVE WITH YOUR LIGHTS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    30 years.... I read it and say. Man, that guy must be old, he was around when these cars were not exactly all that old. Then I think.... EFF me, I've been in love with this car for 20 years... I'm old! LOL I hope I don't have to wait another 10 before I can start though.... good luck, have fun and remember, no pics, didn't happen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the first of many exciting times. Here are mine and the order in which I experienced them:
    1. Discovery, completely by accident, of Factory Five. I suddenly realized when, standing in their showroom with my wife, I knew exactly what I would do once I said 'goodbye' to motorcycling.
    2. The day I placed and order for my kit, and later when I picked it up in Wareham.
    3. Completion of the running chassis (i.e. go-cart).
    4. First time I saw the completely painted body.
    5. The day I first drove the completed car.
    There were of course many other exciting moments along the way, but those are the highlights, and I think I share them with all of us who have built one of these cars. What has caught me a bit by surprise, though, is that, having built and being the owner of one of these cars has changed my view of virtually all other automobiles. No other car has or will ever match the bond I have with this one. Enjoy the journey, moment by moment. Some of the challenges may seem daunting, but each one of them is solved one step at a time. Many of us here have been through it all, and some several times, and we are here to help. Bon voyage!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Best advice I could give you right now is get ahead on anything that will keep you from the new toy. In time you will get over it and be able to waste time doing silly things like mowing the lawn or washing the grocery getters. Depending on your schedule and spare time something has to give. May as well be as ready as you can.
    FFR 7216 MK 4 Non Donor Street Legal 06/13/11 at 4:30 pm! Graduation 1/1/2012
    3 Link Ford Racing 3.73 8.8 Posi with Yukon Axles.
    4 wheel discs Brembo rotors and Hawk HP plus pads.
    Ford Racing 302 340 HP T5Z 5 Speed Stainless Headers and Side Pipes.
    Holley 670 Street Avenger on Edelbrock Performer RPM. MSD Pro-Billet Distributor
    Delivered 04/11/10 7:30 pm Roller 05/08/10 Engine installed 08/07/10 First Start 02/19/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Morgan I have a MKI, MKII, MKIII and MKIV manuel that maybe Dave could autograph for me! Skullandbones I got the complete kit for a big block. It's a 429 bored 40 over with edlebrock rpm heads, comp thumper 283 cam, Mass Flo fuel injection hooked to an MMR TKO 750 trans. I'm planning on power steering and brakes. Color keeps changing in my brain but I favor solid red, corsa rosa Ferrrai color, still thinking about it. Sailor, when I was a kid, the Dead Sea was just sick! LOL. I have found in this comunnity, for the most part, that more people tend to have great delay of gratification and everything happens at the right time for them. Wether it be three years or thirty, like Forest said, " It Happens". I was cleaning my study area out this weekend and throwing out all the junk that we hoarders collect and found a loose leaf notebook that I started to put together 20+ years ago with every replica company brochure ever printed. Some of those companies don't exist anymore but I do. So now is my time. Without any doubt, I selected the right company and am glad I waited. Oh ya, I also found the ledger book that I have been putting in receipts for anything related to this project. My first entry was 9/23/93 for a 429 with a C4 tranny for $100! Thanks gentlemen for all the support and knowledge in the past and the pain in the butt I may be in the future.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just realized that I've drug that 429 around through Five house moves. Obcessed, maybe!
    Last edited by NICK C; 09-18-2011 at 09:06 PM. Reason: DOUBLE TYPED A WORD