Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Backdraft parts car $23K

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Backdraft parts car $23K

I don't need any parts, but maybe some one wants this Backdraft seen on ebay.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Other-...8AAOSwovNdy0Lh
    Mk4 Complete kit with IRS, IRS brakes, Power Steering, 302 mounts, 302 headers, TKO, 2 Rollbars, Leather seats,
    vintage gauges, polished stainless sidepipes, front and rear sway bars, all cutouts.
    Blueprint Engines 347 stroker; Tremec TKO 600; 3.55 IRS, 17" Bullitt wheels: 9" front 10.5" rear.
    Delivered Nov. 6, 2018. First start Aug. 11, 2019. First Go-Cart Feb. 21, 2020.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff's First FFR View Post
    I don't need any parts, but maybe some one wants this Backdraft seen on ebay.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Other-...8AAOSwovNdy0Lh
    Lucky Number 7 Wasn't Very Lucky!

I think because we build our cars we really have a different appreciation for them compared to those which are bought.

Be careful out there gang because we all know that Snakes Bite!

Under a 1,000 miles and this one was totaled.
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 11-26-2019 at 08:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if a good fiberglass guy could fix that up rather than getting a new body?

Post Thanks / Like
    Very sad, looks like it was a nice car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably someones dream car. It is sad to see.

I wonder, but bet I can guess, what the story is.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the paint scheme (minus the meatballs). Giving me ideas...
    MK IV Roadster #7999
    Ford Racing 427x; QF 670 Carb; TKO 600; 3.31 Rear End; 3-link; 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Khumo Ecstas (245 front, 315 rear), EPAS Power Steering; Power Brakes; 8/1/19 - Legal in gelcoat!; 12/1/20 - Paint & bodywork in progress! Silver, no black, no red, wait now silver....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche325 View Post
    Probably someones dream car. It is sad to see.

I wonder, but bet I can guess, what the story is.
    "Hold my beer, watch this"
    Kevin
    MKIV #8234
    Coyote '14/TKO-600/3-Link 3:55 Rear
    I love the smell of 100 octane in the morning.
    NITTO NT01 275X40X17ZR - 315X35ZRX17
    Delivered 2/7/14 - Plate "COYOTE NC1965" 3/25/15

8. Likes WIS89 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guess the extra 2" wheel base didn't help much....
    Mark III 4630RD Explorer 302, Holley SA570, FRPP B-cam, 4 to 4's, 3 Link, Bullitt wheels, Baer Brakes, 3.73 gears, HD T-5, I2 wiring, Koni Coilovers, Classic Gauges. Jaguar Racing Green w/ Silver stripes

PM me if you live in Upstate New York. Get added to the "Upstate Cobras" email list. 60+ members!

10. Thanks Bigred67 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    At the price it sold for, someone will make money on parting it out if nothing else. You can't see anything under the body, but if the frame is not damaged, probably $10-12K to repair if you can get a replacement body and maybe sell it at $50k.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Backdrafts are constructed differently than our cars. Their chassis is simply a ladder frame:

As we all know our cars can be functional without the body but you aren't going to go-cart a Backdraft. Their bodies have the interior tub, trans tunnel, firewall, floor, wheelwells and trunk compartment all bonded then laminated to the main body making it one large piece that is then dropped onto the frame. When our cars get crunched in a relatively minor crash as it appears this one was a body swap is pretty easy but due to the way the BDR is constructed repairs would be significantly more difficult, involved and costly.

Although some of their styling is a little cartoonish I like Backdraft cars...too bad about this one.

Jeff

13. Likes Aircontroller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Work is slow today.....so for fun, that got me looking at the pictures a little closer. I think there is more damage than first appears. As crash damage tends to be. The windshield frame is bent and it looks like no glass. At least one tire is bad. Why is the lockwire broken on the drivers rear wheel?

Playing with FFR prices. A body is $5300. Door $300. Body and paint on the lower end of the price scale is $8000. Sidepipes $1200. Windshield $648. That's pushing $15k on parts and paint without shipping or any labor. Or at least one headlight assembly. Who knows what damage there is that you can't see. I'd bet you would be pushing $20k to fix if there isn't any nasty surprises.

Backdrafts start at $42,900. You can option up to $50,000 without trying too hard. $15,000 ish for engine and transmission? About $65,000 total. That leaves around $20,000 leeway. The one thing that you can't do is undo a salvage title. OK if you want to drive it. Not good if you want to sell it.

Add in Jeffs info about how they are not like an FFR and it might just be a parts car.

Post Thanks / Like
    ...The one thing that you can't do is undo a salvage title...
    Yep, you'd be stuck with a salvage title but even worse than that is the horrid tacky diamond stitched upholstery

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    ....but even worse than that is the horrid tacky diamond stitched upholstery

Jeff
    LOL - I wasn't gonna say, but now that you mentioned it. Kinda burns my eyes. Looks like he paid and extra $1350 for that.

Post Thanks / Like
    A LITTLE cartoonish?
    Mk4 Complete kit with IRS, IRS brakes, Power Steering, 302 mounts, 302 headers, TKO, 2 Rollbars, Leather seats,
    vintage gauges, polished stainless sidepipes, front and rear sway bars, all cutouts.
    Blueprint Engines 347 stroker; Tremec TKO 600; 3.55 IRS, 17" Bullitt wheels: 9" front 10.5" rear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hate diamond stitch upholstery; even on a Bentley.

19. Likes Aircontroller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL - I wasn't gonna say, but now that you mentioned it. Kinda burns my eyes. Looks like he paid and extra $1350 for that.

Jeff

21. Likes Avalanche325 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Work is slow today.....so for fun, that got me looking at the pictures a little closer. I think there is more damage than first appears. As crash damage tends to be. The windshield frame is bent and it looks like no glass. At least one tire is bad. Why is the lockwire broken on the drivers rear wheel?

Playing with FFR prices. A body is $5300. Door $300. Body and paint on the lower end of the price scale is $8000. Sidepipes $1200. Windshield $648. That's pushing $15k on parts and paint without shipping or any labor. Or at least one headlight assembly. Who knows what damage there is that you can't see. I'd bet you would be pushing $20k to fix if there isn't any nasty surprises.

Backdrafts start at $42,900. You can option up to $50,000 without trying too hard. $15,000 ish for engine and transmission? About $65,000 total. That leaves around $20,000 leeway. The one thing that you can't do is undo a salvage title. OK if you want to drive it. Not good if you want to sell it.

Add in Jeffs info about how they are not like an FFR and it might just be a parts car.
    Sorry you better double that. It's classed as a custom car, no standard parts, everything comes from the manufacturer .
    My old car was rear ended at a stoplight, looking at it, most thought 2000-4000 to fix, total repair ------------$27,000.. When you get anything beyond a standard production car, double the repair costs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yikes!
    www.breezeautomotive.com 2005 FFR Mk3 Roadster, 302/340hp, MassFlo EFI, Breeze Pulleys, T5, Aluminum Flywheel, 3-link rear with Torsen Diff and 3.27:1 gears, Power Steering, Breeze Front Sway Bar, SN-95 Spindles with outboard SAI Mod, Breeze Battery Mount, QA1 Externally Adjustable Shocks, Quick Release Steering Wheel, Vintage Race seats, GM Arctic White, Sky Blue Scoop, Hidden Hinges, Billet Aluminum Side-view Mirrors, 2,183lbs wet. 1967 Mustang Fastback, Dark Moss Green, black interior, '67 14" styled steel wheels, 2000 Explorer 302 w 5.0 Cam, Quickfuel 450 CFM, 289 Hi-Po Dual exhaust, C4, lowering springs w Shelby drop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post

Jeff

Last time I saw a mouth like that it had a hook in it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by j.miller View Post
    Last time I saw a mouth like that it had a hook in it.
    Now I know why tigers eat their young.

Jeff

26. Likes Aircontroller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Backdraft is gone... but check out the sellers other cars. 4 pages of mostly salvaged cars. Lots with looking like minimal damage. Makes you kinda wanna go Hmmmm.... think I’ll jump on the 458 Ferrari for $118k more Hmmm
    If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough....

Build thread

MKIV complete kit # 9395 delivered 7/31/18

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SSNK4US;389957Hmmmm.... think I’ll jump on the 458 Ferrari for $118k more Hmmm[/QUOTE]

OK. You go first!

You would have to REALLY know what you were doing to not get burnt on a salvage title Ferrari.

Elite motor cars of Miami - I wasn't aware that "Elite" actually meant crashed, wrecked, and salvage.

29. Likes SSNK4US liked this post