Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: I can see through the parting lines

Post Thanks / Like

Question I can see through the parting lines

I just was looking at Steve's (GoDadGo) pics of sanding down of the parting lines and they came out so smooth and still red in color. My body is up in the rafters and when i am under it I can see right through the parting lines. Doesn't look like mine will sand down so nice. Is this normal or did I get a bod body?
    Photos:IMG_9129.jpgIMG_9130.jpgIMG_9131.jpgIMG_9132.jpgIMG_9133.jpg

Jeff
    Mk4 Complete kit with IRS, IRS brakes, Power Steering, 302 mounts, 302 headers, TKO, 2 Rollbars, Leather seats,
    vintage gauges, polished stainless sidepipes, front and rear sway bars, all cutouts.
    Blueprint Engines 347 stroker; Tremec TKO 600; 3.55 IRS, 17" Bullitt wheels: 9" front 10.5" rear.
    Delivered Nov. 6, 2018. First start Aug. 11, 2019. First Go-Cart Feb. 21, 2020.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your body is fine that is just a lack of red gel coat in those areas the fiberglass is still just as thick.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The parting line is where the mold bolts together.
    Also, had they shot the car in Clear Gelcoat, the body would be translucent.

4. Likes Aircontroller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDadGo View Post
    ... had they shot the car in Clear Gelcoat, the body would be translucent.
    That would be something to see!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh good!
    Thanks to all you guys.
    Mk4 Complete kit with IRS, IRS brakes, Power Steering, 302 mounts, 302 headers, TKO, 2 Rollbars, Leather seats,
    vintage gauges, polished stainless sidepipes, front and rear sway bars, all cutouts.
    Blueprint Engines 347 stroker; Tremec TKO 600; 3.55 IRS, 17" Bullitt wheels: 9" front 10.5" rear.
    Delivered Nov. 6, 2018. First start Aug. 11, 2019. First Go-Cart Feb. 21, 2020.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakely View Post
    That would be something to see!
    ...or not see. ��
    MKIV complete kit w/powder coating and cut outs, serial #9189 delivered 10/10/17, first start - 10/5/18, legal - 10/08/20. Blueprint 306 w/Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 600, power steering, Breeze fan shroud, trunk cubby, & engine compartment battery kit, CNC brake reservoirs, RT turn signal & gas pedal, mechanical throttle linkage, METCO safety loop, GASN side pipes, drop trunk, dual chrome roll bars, vintage gauges, glove box, custom center console, cup holders, and speakers.