Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: State Bar Inspection facility for SB100 Certification, SD, OC or RC?

Post Thanks / Like

State Bar Inspection facility for SB100 Certification, SD, OC or RC?

When recently seeking a BAR Certified facility for SB100 Specialty Construction inspection in San Diego, found all closed. Does anyone know of a State approved facility?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Unless things have changed, DMV makes that appointment for you/gives you the number of the closest BAR referee.
    Last edited by frankeeski; 11-28-2019 at 05:21 PM.
    Frank

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try here: https://asktheref.org/

DMV may give you a list but I haven't heard of them making the appointment for you.

Good luck,

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Try here: https://asktheref.org/

DMV may give you a list but I haven't heard of them making the appointment for you.

Good luck,

Ray
    When I did mine back in 07 CHP inspector had me call DMV while I was at the CHP and they (DMV) called and I got an appointment for the BAR the same day. Don't know what to tell you Ray? Like many things with the DMV and SPCNS registration, seems like it's always changing/different.
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    I just went through this in San Diego. You need to get the SB 100 number from the DMV. It took me three DMV visits.... Finally had to talk to the supervisor. Lots of info on the process in other threads. The normal desk clerks just are not that familiar with the process. Once they call Sacramento and get the number, they should be able to tell you what the number is. You will get a hard copy in the mail in a couple of weeks. As soon as you have the number call the appointment number at ask the ref. I think most of the BAR places are at community colleges. My bar appt was two days later at cuyamacca college about a mile from my house. The guy there sounded like he is never busy... I had no problems with his inspection.
    MK IV delivered 3/18, Gen 2 Coyote, mid shift TKO 500, IRS, all aluminum clear annodized, leather seats, F-5 preformed dash, KRC power steering, Moroso overflow tank, Russ Thompson turn signal and Drop Trunk, Breeze forward battery and lower rad support, thermotec heat/sound suppression, weatherpak at lights, Moroso cut off switch, LED lights and indicators, power and USB outlets, Stealth amp JBL speakers, seat heaters, incredible body and paint by the BAT— guardsman blue with titanium stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much for your timely response above. I do have an appointment at a BAR however is an authorized brake/light inspection required before the BAR inspection?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ACCar-guy View Post
    Thanks so much for your timely response above. I do have an appointment at a BAR however is an authorized brake/light inspection required before the BAR inspection?
    I live in San Marcos, the first post in my thread summarizes the steps I took to go through the complete process:

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...0-Registration
    Build 1: Mk4 Complete Kit #9312 Ordered 1/27/18, Delivered 3/24/18, CA SB100 Registered 9/11/19 - Gen 2 Coyote TKO600, IRS, Power Steering, Wilwood Brakes, 17" Halibrand
    Build 2: Gen3 Coupe Complete Kit #309 Ordered 1/25/21, Delivered 6/9/21 - BluePrint GM 427 LS T56, IRS, AC, Power Steering