Hello everyone. I have been interested in Factory Five Roadster for about eight years. Looking over the build threads and seeing the camaraderie almost have me ready to pull the trigger. I have three questions:

Am I too old?
Resale value?
Will I complete the project in time to enjoy?

By background, I am 62, live in the Pacific Northwest, and am planning to retire in three years. I presently own a '65 Mustang GT Fastback that was taken to Concours Trailered condition. A few years back I purchased a 1971 Camaro Z28 that is presently completely disassembled with plans to restore that to a very nice driver condition. My daily driver is a 2005 Saleen Mustang S281SC. I am also building a small hydroplane boat. Mechanical aptitude is maybe a 6 on a 10 point scale. In short, I am really good a taking things a part but not so good at putting them back together.

My wife calls be Mr. 90% because I take on projects and never seem to get them done. I like to stay busy but get distracted and my work is fairly demanding. Maybe I should finish the Camaro and Hydroplane first?

I am also an accountant. I seriously recommend against this profession if you like cars. This boils down to I am cheap, overly practical, and analyze stuff to death. Yes, some of the stereotype is true. I went through the online "order a kit" and came up with about $26k. Add Blueprint engine, tires, paint and supplies and I figure you're at $55k cost. Average resale appears to be around $45k. Is the build experience worth $10k? Its not that I could not afford it, its just what birds say when the fly over me "cheap, cheap".

Thinking of attending a build school in 2019.

Thank you in advance for your input and all guidance is appreciated.