Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: 289 with high back seats

Post Thanks / Like

289 with high back seats

Hey Guys,

Does anyone have a photo of a 289 with driver and passenger high back seats? I am curious to see what that would look like.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Me too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Hey Guys,

Does anyone have a photo of a 289 with driver and passenger high back seats? I am curious to see what that would look like.

Thanks in advance.

Dan
    See post #10.
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...te-on-my-build

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah that won’t look good. Sorry.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd00000 View Post
    Yeah, but it is so much safer. I couldn't live with myself if a minor accident put my kid's head into a bar when a cheap Kirkey seat could've prevented it.

6. Likes chrisarella liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't seen any 289s with those, guessing it wouldn't look too different than a mkiv with high backs....

*edit... just saw the post you referenced. thats the first ive seen, seems to have a few other mods as well
    Last edited by cnutting; 01-22-2020 at 04:34 PM.
    FFR #8833 289 FIA 3-link
    1965 289, TKO600 from Forte's Parts Connection
    Body and Paint by Mike's Auto Restoration
    Picked up 3/5/2016, First start 4/22/2017, MA legal 7/11/2018
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...FIA-build-8833
    "Insanity is contagious" - Joseph Heller

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed, there are quite a few extra mods in the photo, you cant get a real sense. In my mind I was picturing more of a street looking high back, like a Corbeau A4....

For those that have installed their seats, do you think the floor mounted roll bar would interfere with the passenger seat? Perhaps around the shoulder area?

Post Thanks / Like
    How about something like this Corbeau seat with a removable headrest that you can just pull off when you get to where you’re going? Or leave off if you’re just tooling around the neighborhood. There are probably a lot of retro looking seats like this with headrests.

https://www.corbeau-seats.com/produc...c-bucket-seat/

Other idea I’d kick around is fabricating seat mounts that you can quickly switch out... using the seats with headrest for most driving and swapping the better looking seats for shows, or even bringing them with you on the trailer. But I favor just having to pull off the headrests. Or finally, probably least practical, you could try to modify the FFR seat with an internal frame that adds a headrest, again removable so you could take it off at shows or whenever you want.

Safety is no big deal till it is... watching that Romain Grosjean crash yesterday really reminds you. A car like this will always be much less safe than a modern street car but it’s all about improving your odds. Every little bit counts. I’ve owned classic cars including a ‘65 FJ40 with no headrests and it really feels like an unnecessary risk if you can avoid it.
    Last edited by the911s; 11-30-2020 at 11:28 PM.

10. Likes narly1 liked this post