Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Help - Park/Turn wiring with LED headlights

Post Thanks / Like

Help - Park/Turn wiring with LED headlights

I want to use park/turn inside the LED headlights but not use the DRL. So far I haven't figured out how to do it. Is this possible? The manual doesn't make sense here.
    And I'm ok with the parking light being white or orange.
    Thanks
    Ron

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    I want to use park/turn inside the LED headlights but not use the DRL. So far I haven't figured out how to do it. Is this possible? The manual doesn't make sense here.
    And I'm ok with the parking light being white or orange.
    Thanks
    Ron
    Hey Ron. I had a bit of trouble figuring out the connections myself. Nothing matched up with what is in the manual. I ended up talking direct with Ron Francis and FFRto try to figure it out. Even they had a hard time. Mostly due to the inner workings of that integrated headlight. Come to find out it will not support the parking light function (per FFR input). I ended up using the running light function buy using a separate power source as described in the manual. There is a running light wire in the harness but the lights do not work correctly when wired to it. I ended up taping into that wire under dash with power from elect choke. That way I did not need to run a separate wire as in the instructions. When wired like this the running lights (white bar) come on with key on or accessory and blinkers work with the (amber). Hope this helps.
    Bruce

3. Thanks hugo-k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Bruce. So your running lights are always on?

I did a post yesterday that I spoke to FFR and was told can't do it. But this forum was having issues yesterday so the post didn't take.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    Thanks Bruce. So your running lights are always on?

I did a post yesterday that I spoke to FFR and was told can't do it. But this forum was having issues yesterday so the post didn't take.
    That's correct. Running lights (white bars) are always on with key on. Let me know if you need the wiring sequence. Mine did not match up with instructions at all and there is no info on which wire in headlight goes to which light. IE high beam, low beam et et. I had to fumble through it trial and error. Maybe new manual has that info? I'm working off second revision.

6. Thanks hugo-k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm good with the wiring sequence. thx

Post Thanks / Like
    Daytime running lights lights on their own, parking lights, yellow signal lights and yellow four way flashers with the key OFF are all possible, but it will require three or four diodes to make it work.

I just did it to meet the requirements of my upcoming Alberta-Canada inspection.

PM me if interested in how to do it.

Cheers,
    Pat

Post Thanks / Like

Who is the maker of these headlihts?

Who is making these headlights?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    United Pacific, I think.
    https://upcarparts.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    I am following this thread as I am just getting ready to start on the headlights. I got the taillights connected but they aren’t working. Someone suggested to get the headlights connected as it has something to do with the circuitry.

So for the headlights, it sounds like you followed the sequence in the manual to use the DRL but did not connect the wire for the parking light.