FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: wiring/lights/horn

Post Thanks / Like

wiring/lights/horn

Have I misread the manual? pg 477 - solder green and red together - that will cause parking lamp to glow amber (very bright}. Page 243 cut the horn wire from the from the steering column - then the horn button is in-op ; what controls the hazards if I cut the pink wire?

Tail lights - will the brake lights get power from the blinker wires (if I tape off the purple brake wire)

Post Thanks / Like
    Been awhile so looking through old notes...
    Rear: Don't use purple wire at all. Use turn signal wires only for brake/turn.
    Front: Didn't use tan wires. I didn't want DRLs, so I have no parking lights in front.
    I'm probably missing some info..

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Ron, thanks for that, Used the tan wire (to red wire in the bucket) for parking only and turn wire to green

The hazard and horn DO NOT get cut at steering column but on dash harness - reconnected cut steering harness wires and cut dash harness wires; everything works with light sw. in first on position
    Last edited by VIRGIN MIKE; 06-04-2020 at 11:52 AM. Reason: additional info

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the purple wire? I have wired up my taillights and they don’t work. I have not wired up the headlights yet. That is the next step.

I did connect the brake wire and turn signal wire to the red wide from the taillight. Not sure which one was purple. I am partial color blind so I really depend on the labeling on the wire. I am going off page 463 in manual,

Post Thanks / Like
    Taillight green is both brake and turn; goes to harness yellow (pass side); wht (dr side), purple not used. (don't know how it is labeled)
    You may need to complete headlight wiring for everything to work. Headlights:if you connect the red and green in headlight bucket
    (as per my manual) you get orange turn signals, no DRL/parking light function. (see post above)