Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Intro and CAN-BUS Gauges w/LS

Post Thanks / Like

Intro and CAN-BUS Gauges w/LS

Well I have lurked and read enough here to consider myself dangerous. Yes, I am a victim of the Fall Sale, ordered the ‘35 kit last week. I elected for the gauge delete and thought Speedhut CAN-BUS gauges would match up well with a Blueprint LS and 4L70 auto. ECU wise I believe Blueprint uses a GM and for the transmission the controller is an Atomic. Speedhut has their Black Friday sale going on until tomorrow and I want to make sure I order the right gauges. Will the CAN-BUS speedometer work with the Blueprint ECU or do I need the more expensive gps speedometer? Same question on oil pressure - will the CAN-BUS gauge work. Thanks! There is a little more traffic over on the ‘33 board so I posted the question there too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure what Blueprint uses for their engine sensors, but I'm running a crate LS3 and T56 with the GM Connect & Cruise package.
    I ended up going with Dakota Digital gauge cluster VHX1018 and their ODB interface. Uses a single CAT5 wire from the cluster to the interface, then the interface plugs into the the ODB plug.
    I love it .

Post Thanks / Like
    That single cat5 is nice! I spoke with Blueprint earlier today. They use a GM performance ECU w/OBD II so I believe the Speedhut gauges will work. I should know for sure this spring/summer.