BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lund SCT x4 Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Lund SCT x4 Tuner

I am trying to get an SCT X4 tuner in hand to be ready.
    Lund's sales person is telling me I need to purchase and pay +$200 for a Coyote swap.

The person may be correct, but I think, the swap application is for putting a Coyote engine in a production vehicle, having to address, PATS, and other manufacturer options that the vehicle might have.

My question, did any of you Coyote owners, using a Lund SCT X4 tune, have to buy this option?

Thanks,
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    I paid for the SCT tuner and then the tune. Not sure I am understanding what you mean by the other $200
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    In the description list, for ordering, it has a check off for a Coyote engine swap, which adds $200 to the cost of the tuner.
    The sales person never seemed to be on the same page, with the order. The tuner is $579, plus the mentioned $200. I think you get a tune with 3 upgrade or changes.
    My previous tuners, (1)had unlimited and (2) 5 tunes at no cost.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Guys, I was just looking at that Lund tuner earlier today. I have a Gen2 Coyote with almost 700miles on it. Was looking at tuning options.

Let me know how it turns out

thanks!
    mark
    Build 1: Mk4 Complete Kit #9312 Ordered 1/27/18, Delivered 3/24/18, CA SB100 Registered 9/11/19 - Gen 2 Coyote TKO600, IRS, Power Steering, Wilwood Brakes, 17" Halibrand.
    Build 2: Gen3 Coupe Complete Kit #309 Ordered 1/25/21, Delivered 6/9/21 - BluePrint GM 427 LS T56, IRS, AC, Power Steering. Album Here

Post Thanks / Like
    I purchased from BAMA/American Muscle an SCT x4 for my 1996 4.6L mustang GT, not a coyote. BAMA does custom tunes based upon your individual mods, and the data log you submit. They can also delete the PATS. I think my tuner cost $399, with unlimited free tunes afterwards. I found the tech staff to be very knowledgeable and helpful. I think they have written me 8 tunes. Also, when my PCM turned out to be bad and had to replaced, BAMA retuned (and deleted the PATS) under my original purchase order, at no extra cost. Of course it is not as good, or quickly done, as using your local custom tuning shop, but I don't have a local tuner in my area who would work on my PCM. BAMA was a great option for me. I'll use them again if the need arises.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've done two Gen 2 Coyote Lund tunes. They consider the crate Coyote installation to be a "swap" hence the added charge for a custom tune from them. Agree or not, that's their policy. PATS isn't an issue if you're starting with a crate motor and the Ford Performance controls pack. It's already out of the picture with the Ford calibration. My experience is that lots of tuners will deal with a Coyote tune in a Mustang. Not nearly as many will deal with the crate motor and the Ford Performance controls pack. So make sure to be very specific about that. Lund is one that has that experience. They did a good job for me on the tunes I've done with them. I don't know what they're currently saying regarding number of tunes or period of time. But they did 5+ revisions over several months on my #8674 Roadster, and there was never a question. I helped a buddy do a Lund tune in his Superformance with a crate Coyote. Only took 3-4 revisions and it was perfect. I fully expect the Gen 3 Coyote in my Coupe build will benefit from a custom tune, and will be talking to Lund when the time comes.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Update on Lund sct x4 tuner for Coyote. I got the $50 Black Friday discount. I needed it, Jon assured me, my Coyote install, justified the $200 SWAP upcharge. Everything else went fine. I got a 3 month, free update and tuning window. I hope I have a tag on it by then. May have to haul it to a dyno.
    Anyway $759 to tune it with an SCT X4 though Lund. At least I feel comfortable with his work and going somewhere else was not an option for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Update on Lund sct x4 tuner for Coyote. I got the $50 Black Friday discount. I needed it, Jon assured me, my Coyote install, justified the $200 SWAP upcharge. Everything else went fine. I got a 3 month, free update and tuning window. I hope I have a tag on it by then. May have to haul it to a dyno.
    Anyway $759 to tune it with an SCT X4 though Lund. At least I feel comfortable with his work and going somewhere else was not an option for me.