Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Short throw shift

Post Thanks / Like

Short throw shift

A question for the group. Im running a stock 5.0 with a T5 nothing crazy just street driving. Considering replacing the stock shift with a short throw. Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have more details on this shifter/kit?

X

Post Thanks / Like
    There are many out there, I have Hurst on mine. Without the upgraded shifter and with the longer lever we have on our cars the throw is long. Changed mine after the first go cart run.
    David W
    Mkll 4874 built in 2004
    Gen 3 coupe #16 registered 2018 painted 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    I put an MGW on mine and kept the long handle. I made an adapter so I could retain the look. While it remained somewhat long in the throw, the 2-3 shift was perfect every time due to the features of the shifter itself. If you're truly looking for a short throw on the T-5, you may find that the shifter is almost too low and you'll be hitting your arm on the seat trying to get a good grip on it. Food for thought.

Scott
    Built FFR9457. 351 Windsor, TKO600, 3.73. Fitech EFI. Russ Thompson throttle pedal, turn signal, and trunk pan. Carbon Fiber dash with Speedhut Revolution gauges. Paint by Jeff Kleiner.

5. Thanks Ponymedic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got a pro 5.0 after researching the various options. I never used the stock one so can’t comment, but shifts great, no regrets.
    Got it from Mike Forte along with half the other items on my car.
    2017 FFR MK4 9026, 3 Link, 15" FFR halibrands, cooper cobra tires, '88 302/5.0, GT40 Y303 heads, Performer RPM intake Manifold, Holley 650 DP Carb, Pertronix distributor, T5Z spec built transmission, 3.73 rear end. Ordered Nov 2016, picked up at FFR Feb 2017, first start July 2017, Legal on the road May 2018, still in Gelcoat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks as of now I really didnt have a particular brand picked out. Was looking for suggestions