Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: assembly manual revision

Post Thanks / Like

assembly manual revision

I have not tried the change this email suggest, just because a one inch change seems huge. has anybody done this ? my truck seems pretty straight the way it is. what would happen if I shortened those arms?

Post Thanks / Like
    Furrman, I'm not clear on what you are asking here, could you provide some additional details?

Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry, yesterday I got an email manual revision for the truck. it say's to shorten the lower control arms. the front from 15 5/8" to 14". the rear from 18 5/8" to 17 5/8". I'm confused.

Post Thanks / Like
    I assume these comments are for the later chassis model, not the early ones? I have an early one, and this must come from FFR changing the frame configuration to be compatible with the 33 hot rod.
    Ralph

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Furrman View Post
    sorry, yesterday I got an email manual revision for the truck. it say's to shorten the lower control arms. the front from 15 5/8" to 14". the rear from 18 5/8" to 17 5/8". I'm confused.
    I do not get these emails you mention, do these come if you purchase the electronic version of the manual?

Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    I have chassis # 13. this is the first time FFR has sent me anything. I have the electronic manual only. when I ordered the kit they sent me the 33 manual. I guess they didn't have one for the truck in 2018.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have chassis #15, so we are both have very early cars.
    Was the email you received a change in the pdf manual itself, or a personal email to you directly? I know FFR has made a lot of changes to the manual, and we are up to who knows how many revisions, and revisions do not state which chassis they pertain to, but hopefully us early purchasers can still rely on the original information provided. If not, we are in a world of hurt to figure out what is going on.
    Can anyone clarify?
    Ralph

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rponfick View Post
    I have chassis #15, so we are both have very early cars.
    Was the email you received a change in the pdf manual itself, or a personal email to you directly? I know FFR has made a lot of changes to the manual, and we are up to who knows how many revisions, and revisions do not state which chassis they pertain to, but hopefully us early purchasers can still rely on the original information provided. If not, we are in a world of hurt to figure out what is going on.
    Can anyone clarify?
    Ralph
    The email was a pdf. a revision to the manual. I was not aware that they had a gen 2, so it really confused me. I've gocarted mine and it seems to drive fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    The email was addresses to All Truck Kit Owners. It ended up in my Gmail "Promotions" folder, so check there and your Spam folder.
    See attached zip file.

35-truck-Manual-rev-1G-update.zip
    Last edited by DamnYankee; 01-22-2020 at 03:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the same email. I have 33 hot rod #1150, I was just looking at the front suspension and I think I'm keeping mine the way it is. I go carted it in October and it seamed fine. I'll do the final adjustments at the alignment shop.
    33 Hot Rod w/ deluxe 32 nose
    350 SBC and 700r4 automatic, 8.8 rear with 3.55 gears
    Order date:4/25/19, Deliver date 6/10/19
    First run 10/6/2019, Go cart 11/3/2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Does the revision have a mistake in it? In the last section on brake lines it refers to the rear brakes master cylinder as 3/4", I think it's 5/8". At least it was on my hot rod kit.

Steve
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't even own kit yet.

I have however purchased an e-copy of the hot rod manual as part of my "due diligence".

I received the revision via e-mail yesterday.

13. Likes shmelty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF33rod View Post
    Does the revision have a mistake in it? In the last section on brake lines it refers to the rear brakes master cylinder as 3/4", I think it's 5/8". At least it was on my hot rod kit.

Steve
    Mine are both 3/4", Truck Kit.