FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Early Christmas present from my son

Post Thanks / Like

Early Christmas present from my son

My son works in marketing and decided to put my Mk4 build pics together in a video as a Christmas present. Brings back a lot of good memories of my build. CanÂ’t tell you how much I enjoyed it. There were challenges but with the help of family and this forum the car is finished. A very enjoyable experience. Thought I would share this with the forum. Enjoy

https://youtu.be/cl9ssI7To7o
    JRL16
    Mk4 delivered 4/28/16. First start 10/15/16. First gocart 11/10/16. Engine Factory 427W. 750 carb. Tremec TKO600. 2015 IRS. Power steering. Whitby power brakes. Wilwood brakes. 18" wheels. Falken tires. Sway bars front and rear. Forte hydraulic clutch and mechanical throttle linkage. Scott's Hot Rods triple reservoir. Ceramic coated headers. Gas’n sidepipes. Heated seats. Herb Fraser walnut door panels. Wipers. Console.

2. Likes Straversi, FF33rod, Boydster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That’s awesome! Great gift.
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    VERY COOL!!!!!!

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Video!