FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: suicide attack hits my post hard

Post Thanks / Like

suicide attack hits my post hard

Hey just checking in with you guys. We had a huge bomb blast that targeted our chow hall at dinner. So far 75 Soldiers Medivac out on choppers. Half our post is damaged. My building fell from the blast with me and my buddy in it. Took a good knock to the head, then ran down to help with the wounded till a medic told me to sit down, I was bleeding from the head and didnt even know it. The blast blew a hole in our outer and inner wall, brought down the chow hall, gym, chapel, bunk areas, motor pool. Left a hole in the ground about 10 feet deep. Needless to say once again I am a lucky Winner and still have all my parts to build my Roadster. Please pray for all my fellow Soldiers who were injured. Man, I cant wait to get home!!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/77-americans-w...XN0Aw--;_ylv=3
    Last edited by LuckyWinner; 09-11-2011 at 07:11 AM.
    Owner MK4 7642RD, 393 stroker, Gordon Levy Super Alloy T5, HDX Clutch, Moser 3.31 3-link with disc brakes, 17" Bullit wheels, NT05's, Seat heaters donated by WarmSeats.com, door panels donated by Herbs Door panels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your service to our country is not taken for granted. Hang tough and stay as safe as you can.

Sincerely,

Bill S.
    Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA

...master of none. CapeCoralCobra's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear you're OK. Our thoughts are with your comrades...and YOU! Just keep your head down for another 29 days.
    Alan, Mk 3.1 #7172, 308, GT40P heads, Crane roller rockers, TFS Stage 1 cam, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, Pro M 75mm MAF, March pulleys, Cobra spec T5, 3.73 8.8, Konis all around, 15" FFR Halibrands, Viper Red/Pure White Stripes.
    "There's nothing you can't do, only stuff you haven't done yet!" Randy Jones

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, sorry to hear about that. You guys hang tough. Keep safe and get home soon. Remember, you have a car to build! Don't let those SOBs mess up your plan.
    Steve
    MK 3.1 #6422, Complete Kit, 340hp Ford Racing Crate Engine, WC T-5 Trans, 3.55 Rear, Barcelona Red Mica Metallic, Silver Stripes

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow......I don't know what to say,,,,,,,,prayers.
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    We think about all you guys every day.
    As said, keep your head and *** down as much as you can.
    We look forward to the day we can say "Welcome home!"

Trick Tool Maker, Super Moderator Hankl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    We think about all you guys every day. As said, keep your head and ASP down as much as you can. We look forward to the day we can say "Welcome home!"

X2

Hank
    “If you didn’t have enough time to do it right the first time. How come you always have time to go back and do it again?” FFR1000186CP

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Lucky Winner.....I am so sorry to hear of the attack, and will keep the injured in my prayers. Thank heaven you came through relatively unscathed.....Unfortunately, evil lives on in this world. Today, as we remember the heinous and cowardly attacks of 9/11 on our country, we keep you, and all of our members of the military serving in dangerous and remote posts around the globe in the front of our thoughts. May God bless you and return you to us safely, and may God bless America.

Karen
    #28 FFR Challenge Series
    #28 FFR Type-65 Coupe
    2011 Western Endurance Racing Championship
    2010 West Coast Champion
    Drive it.....Like you stole it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    LuckyWinner, glad to hear your safe!! Prayers go out to you and your Unit from me and the wife. Keep your head down and stay SQUARED AWAY!! I am very PROUD of your service for our Country this includes every Soldier wherever they may be posted around the World!!! Get Home Safe!!

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lucky Winner,

Glad you survived relatively unscathed from that cowardly act of terrorism. Our prayers are with you and all the other personnel injured in the blast. Thank you for your service ... you and your fellow soldiers are much appreciated.

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad that you are OK, and thank you for your sevice, words cannot begin to tell you how much you all are appreciated, thank you ...................
    Cowards are vile, vicious and vindictive in private, but innocent and charming in front of witnesses; no-one can, or wants to believe this individual has a vindictive nature - only the current target of the coward's aggression sees both sides.

Stress filled occasions do not make heroes or cowards; they simply unveil them to the eyes of men .........................

Post Thanks / Like
    YIKES!! I'm glad to hear you're safe. Condolences for your fallen comrades. Get home in one piece and build our Roadster. You have a nation praying for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sarge - You're in our thoughts and prayers, as are all of those serving with you - especially those injured in today's attack. Know that we all recognize and honor you and your fellow soldiers, airmen, sailors, and marines who put it on the line every day acting as the focal point for those lunatics so they can blow-up their own sandbox and not our homeland. Stay as safe as you can and come home soon. I hope the swag I sent made it though the attack okay, too, so you can always say that a few parts of your car spent time with you over there.
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Glad to hear you are doing well, be safe out there.
    Wayne Presley www.verycoolparts.com
    Xterminator 705 RWHP supercharged 4.6 DOHC with twin turbos

Post Thanks / Like
    David, wow, scary scary moment for sure, you are in our thoughts buddy, so glad to hear you are okay, stay safe!!!

-Scott
    MKIII #3835 IRS, Anderson Performance 408 Levy T-5 Trans, Team III Wheels
    Paint completed November 2010, passed NJ State Safety Inspection June 21st, Tagged and First Drive 7/1/2011

Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot believe you were one of those there. I posted about it on Facebook.
    How in the heck can this happen on a base . I must be dumb as all get out.
    I just don't get it. Thank God you are OK.
    I just went to a 9-11 Memorial service Sun. The preacher an ex Navy Commander starting talking about how we should all love the Muslims.. I got up and left.
    They are out to kill us all.
    I hope I don't cause this post to get blocked.. I just for the life of me don't understand what is going on.
    Thanks,
    Al Adkins
    Certified "Kool Aid" drinker

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    How's your head today? I hope all your guys are OK. Keep counting down the days. How many is it now?? See you later! WEK
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skullandbones View Post
    How's your head today? I hope all your guys are OK. Keep counting down the days. How many is it now?? See you later! WEK
    My head is ok, just a little bump now. Total injured is 85. 30 Soldiers had to go to Germany because their wounds were real bad, a couple back injuries, neck injuries, broken ribs and alot of tramatic brain injuries caused by the blast. They were diving on a road that is right next to our COP, it was a truck full of wood. There is suppose to be one more out there.....isnt that great. So we just wait and wait to see where they blow it up.
    Last edited by LuckyWinner; 09-13-2011 at 07:26 AM.
    Owner MK4 7642RD, 393 stroker, Gordon Levy Super Alloy T5, HDX Clutch, Moser 3.31 3-link with disc brakes, 17" Bullit wheels, NT05's, Seat heaters donated by WarmSeats.com, door panels donated by Herbs Door panels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn, you guys are in a tough position. Everyone there has my upmost respect and gratitude. Please stay safe and keep us posted when possible.
    Steve
    MK 3.1 #6422, Complete Kit, 340hp Ford Racing Crate Engine, WC T-5 Trans, 3.55 Rear, Barcelona Red Mica Metallic, Silver Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad you are OK - pray for you and all the other troops - you guys are great - I just wish there was a reason to all this madness! Get home quick - safe and sound!

Post Thanks / Like
    David, glad you have a hard head, and stay away from the fence will you??? Just keep planning that build!!!
    MKIII #3835 IRS, Anderson Performance 408 Levy T-5 Trans, Team III Wheels
    Paint completed November 2010, passed NJ State Safety Inspection June 21st, Tagged and First Drive 7/1/2011

Post Thanks / Like
    We had a blimp with cameras on it....it stoped alot of the attacks....bomb took out the blimp.....just had 3 RPG rounds hit our COP....I want the blimp back. Its going to be a long month.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm thankful we have guys like you to protect us.
    Stay safe and get you A$$ home in one piece to get that build started!

May God Continue to Bless All of You!

and THANKS again!
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, off to PAINT 2/15/14!! Wahoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good hunting, my brother. Remind the bad guys what they're up against. Rock on...

Lynn B.

Post Thanks / Like
    We all appreciate your service. Be safe over there! As others have said, can't wait until we can say welcome home to all of our dedicated men and women serving our country.

Sincerely,

Jon A
    FFR #5819 - Mk III, '90 GT Donor, 302 EFI, GT-40 Intake, 65mm TB, T5 Transmission, 4x4 headers, under-drive pulleys, 3G Alt., 3:08 gears, 3-link, 18:1 steering rack, "Street Package" from Winter '06 Sale. Picked kit up 11/18/06. Began Chassis Build-up 2/10/07. First Start 11/13/07. Go Carted 11/17/07. Road legal 5/12/10!! Did my own bodywork but had a pro shoot the paint.