Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: ********** Accessories

Post Thanks / Like

********** Accessories

Has ********** Accessories changed? Ownership different?
    I saw a FB post complaining etc.
    Taylor was great helping me with my extras for my build. I was about to order some small parts.
    Anyone know anything?

Post Thanks / Like
    I spoke to Taylor a few weeks back. He's a one man show and sometimes has to wait to get funds to order a certain item in bulk, but his website seems to be up to date for inventory quantities. I've never had to wait more than two weeks for an item. Usually its a week to week and a half. IMO, he could be better at answering emails and phone calls though.
    MKIV Roadster - #9380 - Complete Kit - Delivered 7/17/18 - SOLD 5/2023
    Build Thread #1: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...V-Build-Thread
    MKIV Roadster - #TBD - Complete Kit - Delivered 11/6/23 - In Progress
    Build Thread #2: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Build-Thread-2

Post Thanks / Like
    I had read some bad customer service stories about them a while back but also read that they have improved or maybe changed ownership. I gave them a try and ordered a few small items. They were shipped right away with no problems at all.

Terry

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Taylor IS the new ownership FYI. Belonged to a couple before. It’s fine now, you’ll get the parts eventually, just may be a long silent journey until you get them for the reasons mentioned above.
    MK IV Roadster #7999
    Ford Racing 427x; QF 670 Carb; TKO 600; 3.31 Rear End; 3-link; 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Khumo Ecstas (245 front, 315 rear), EPAS Power Steering; Power Brakes; 8/1/19 - Legal in gelcoat!; 12/1/20 - Paint & bodywork in progress! Silver, no black, no red, wait now silver....

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. Saw someone complaining on the FB group and I wanted to check. I know it took months for floor mats but Taylor had to find a new supplier and sort out the cobra emblem trademark. Taylor offered to refund me which was kind but I told no and I could wait. Thank you for the posts. Appreciate everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone ordered anything from Finish line in the last month or so? I placed an order on 7/20 and have not heard a peep since. All the products were listed as in stock when I placed the order. I have experienced delays in the past due to items being out of stock so I was careful to check before placing the order. Since the 20th of last month I have made 2 email inquiries without any response. Just tried calling and it goes directly to a voicemail box for Taylor, then tells me the mailbox is full and promptly disconnects me! I have read that they aren't the greatest at customer service but this is bordering on ridiculous and has me wondering if they are still in business or if Taylor has left town with the cash from the outstanding orders.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had two orders. A larger one, that is just over a month now that I expected a longer wait based on previous knowledge. However I did order some bumper grommets early last week I got them in 4 days. So he is still quite active. I guess its the realty of differing vendor experiences, where ********** can sometimes be a waiting game. I will also give Taylor a little flex as covid is hitting all supply chains harder than normal. My gasn headers and pipes took 3 months to come in (with a million apologies from them and they were awesome in the end) as the factory was closed and manufacturers slow to provide parts. I am sure Taylor is feeling that as well. Can't be easy be an one-person shop right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've ordered a few things from ********** over the past few months. Most recently a wheel box for my windshield wipers. It's taken much longer to get the parts than I expected, but they eventually came. I've spoken to Taylor a few times on the phone and he's made it clear that he's a one-man operation and is pretty busy and backed-up. He's always been nice on the phone, I just think he's busy. Still waiting on that wheel box though..
    MK4-IRS, 427w, TKO-600

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the feedback. I understand that he is a one man show and that Covid is impacting supply lines all over the place. I'm experiencing delay's from many of the vendors that I use for components. The issue I am having is that he hasn't responded to either of my email inquiries and I have called a half dozen times and you can't even leave a message because his mailbox is full. It would be entirely different story if I could get him on the phone or he would reply to my email to say items are delayed or back ordered or he's just really backed up with getting items shipped!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CRJ View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I understand that he is a one man show and that Covid is impacting supply lines all over the place. I'm experiencing delay's from many of the vendors that I use for components. The issue I am having is that he hasn't responded to either of my email inquiries and I have called a half dozen times and you can't even leave a message because his mailbox is full. It would be entirely different story if I could get him on the phone or he would reply to my email to say items are delayed or back ordered or he's just really backed up with getting items shipped!
    Sounds like you are getting the same service most everyone else gets from them. There are other sources for most of what they sell.
    LS1, TKO600, IRS, no scoop, undercar exhaust. Delivered June 14, 2017, First start December 31, 2017, Registered and Titled Sept 12, 2019.