Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Looking to upgrade suspension and convert 4lug to 5lug

Post Thanks / Like

Looking to upgrade suspension and convert 4lug to 5lug

Mk2 with 4lug 15" wheels.

My question is, will a conversion kit for 87-93 mustang from say LMR.com work or another 5.0 mustang parts company? Or do I need to buy factory five products in order to convert? Just would like to upgrade my 15+ yr old car wheels, brakes, suspension to modern technology. I believe all my components are from a 5.0 donor car so my theory is that it should all be dorect replacements..

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    I have all the parts you need.
    99/2000 NASA PSO Champion-2005 west coast FFR challenge series Champions
    Sponsor Tony B's 2007 ST2 National Championship
    2009 NASA TTC runner up-2010 NASA TTB runner up

Post Thanks / Like
    I converted my Mk1 to 5 lug power 4 wheel disc brakes and rear coil overs along with many other upgrades. When I say “I”, I mean Henry Renaud (65 Cobra Dude) converted it. You don’t need FFR parts but my coil overs and Halibrand replicas came from FFR.
    Aside from being a supporting vendor, folks like Gordon have done this many times and have exactly what you need. One stop shopping for all the right parts.
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like you might be in New Hampshire. Give me a call at 508-577-2200 I can point you in the right direction and even do the conversion for you if you prefer. I am in Norton, MA
    Thanks Mike

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Using this machine-wayback.jpg and traveling back to 2001, we did the 5-lug conversion using Lincoln rotors and the left side axles from Ford Ranger pickups. Used Ford drums also.

It sure would have been a lot nicer if the packages that our vendors have now were available then......

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve,
    I upgraded my MkII with all new shocks/springs from FFV including brakes. Makes for a much nicer ride. Money well spent that you will notice on first ride...