Hey all, the title doesn't exactly ask the right question but, I didn't want to make it too long. What I am asking is...If I've got the desire and ability should I source a used complete IRS and fit it to the frame or just go the factory five route and get it pre-mounted?

From what I've been able to see on sites like E-Bay there are some pretty affordable "complete" IRS's out there, that look like they come with brakes and a third member. If I was able to secure one of these, how are they attached to the frame? Has anyone done a write up? I've got access to a pretty talented welder/fabricator thats done some pretty nice work on his own projects, I just don't know how the IRS's fit to the frames of these cars. I know that this has been a retrofit for a while so hoping to hear from some of you guys that might have tackled this in the past. My biggest question is, would this be "worth" the time and money or would it end up costing me way more in the end and should have just got it done a that the factory? Lets say for the sake of this conversation that I could get the whole (Including brakes and third member) IRS for $1000 shipped.

An additional question would be, what gear ratio would I look for? I'll most likely be going with a mild 351W/TKO600 combo.

Cheers!