Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brad's MKIV Build - Delivered 1/3/20!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like you are going to have a lot of fun. I'm not far from you in Waxhaw. Can't wait to see you drive by in your new MKIV!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JWolfe View Post
    Looks like you are going to have a lot of fun. I'm not far from you in Waxhaw. Can't wait to see you drive by in your new MKIV!
    Great to see some local folks! Is there a local club in the CLT area?

Note: Just got an email from Dave C from FFR, wheels already handled!

Post Thanks / Like
    Use to be a group meeting up every 2nd saturday monthly at the steak & shake in mooresville on saturday mornings. Not sure of the status currently.

Here is thread about it, hasn't been updated in awhile though, https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...s-get-together
    Last edited by Greg K; 01-30-2020 at 03:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Brad,
    I got my wheels today too! They shipped the right ones this time. 17" But I'm missing the mounting hardware (lug nuts, caps, etc). I'm guessing those are coming in another shipment. I also bought and installed the Breeze battery box. I had a little trouble drilling the holes in the 4" round tube but with a newly purchased right angle drill attachment I was able to get it done.
    I also just ordered the Pro-M 3/8 fuel hanger and Walbro 255 pump. Might be overkill for my 347, but that's what the sales guy recommended. What are you going to use for your fuel lines?

Thanks!
    Mk IV Roadster #9749, Kit received Jan 2, 2020, Blueprint SBF 347 TKO600 Holley Sniper EFI, Dual roll bars, IRS, 17" Halibrand, Nitto 555 G2 245, 315 Road legal Oct 20, 2020

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddy Dad View Post
    Hi Brad,
    I got my wheels today too! They shipped the right ones this time. 17" But I'm missing the mounting hardware (lug nuts, caps, etc). I'm guessing those are coming in another shipment. I also bought and installed the Breeze battery box. I had a little trouble drilling the holes in the 4" round tube but with a newly purchased right angle drill attachment I was able to get it done.
    I also just ordered the Pro-M 3/8 fuel hanger and Walbro 255 pump. Might be overkill for my 347, but that's what the sales guy recommended. What are you going to use for your fuel lines?

Thanks!
    Hey, yeah, they 17" I got today did not have any of the centers or lug nuts either. I installed the Pro-M\Walbro this afternoon, nice part! Have not decided on the lines yet, I keep going back and forth between hard lines and braided. The old-school car guy in me says hard line.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BradCraig View Post
    Hey, yeah, they 17" I got today did not have any of the centers or lug nuts either. I installed the Pro-M\Walbro this afternoon, nice part! Have not decided on the lines yet, I keep going back and forth between hard lines and braided. The old-school car guy in me says hard line.
    I'm planning on going with 3/8 Ni-Cop for the run from the tank/fuel filter to the engine bay. Braided hose in the other short runs. I had laid out a plumbing diagram with parts call outs etc and made a spread sheet with the parts I needed to order. I started doing research at various suppliers web sites and since this is my first experience with AN plumbing, I called for tech support at ANplumbing.com. Turns out I had it all screwed up. (wrong type braided hose, O-ring fittings that weren't pump gas compatible, etc) LOL! The tech support guy helped me get it corrected and order the right parts. He said to call him back when the parts arrive and he'll walk me through the assembly process. Another new skill to learn!
    Mk IV Roadster #9749, Kit received Jan 2, 2020, Blueprint SBF 347 TKO600 Holley Sniper EFI, Dual roll bars, IRS, 17" Halibrand, Nitto 555 G2 245, 315 Road legal Oct 20, 2020

7. Likes Boydster liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12