BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: QuckJack scissor lift and our tube frame and outrider frame

Post Thanks / Like

QuckJack scissor lift and our tube frame and outrider frame

Has anyone successfully used this on our 4" tube chassis. Spacing is about 24" and it says min spacing for safety is 31.5".
    Is it safe to use the outer frame part for jacking if the load is spread out? I always use the round tubes.
    https://www.quickjack.com/car-lifts/bl-5000slx/

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you asking about the square tube that is in the rocker panel area under the doors? If so, yes. My old MkII has the body that stops at the bottom of that square tube instead of the MkIV style where the body wraps under that tube. When working w/ a friend w/ a MkIV it drives me crazy. On my FFR I always jack on the rocker panel tube. So easy but you can't do that on a MkIV.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Craig,

Like "The Don" I am looking at this lift.

Could I possibly put a 2X8 or 2X10 across on top and use them transversely on the MK-4 since I'd be lifting from the 4" round tubes?
    I'd like to get the largest unit possible so we can use it on Baby Go-Dad's Camaro, Mrs. Go-Dad's Challenger and my Ram 1500.
    I need portability because a permanent lift won't work since I'm in a Hurricane Velocity Flood Zone.

Again, like "The Don" I too am looking hard at the QuickJack system so any insight would be helpful.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think it would be a problem on the narrow frame as there isn't a huge amount of weight that is outside those tubes on our cars. I think the warning is more likely for typical car, and placing the Jack's too close together could cause instability. Just my thoughts on this. I installed my two-post lift in the narrow configuration and it is right at the limit of being able to position the arms on the 4" tubes.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, I really want the ability to leave them on the floor and just drive over them with minor realigning to lift, I was more worried about instability if lifting from the frame tubes.
    Of course after building it for years now in the final stretch i get a lift lol.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the quick jacks and go directly to the 4 inch tube. Very stable and not an issue. With a 4 in ride height front and 4.5 in back there is only about 1/2 to 3/4 inch clearance from frame to rubber pads on the quick jacks. Using a cross board would be problematic. When I’m going under the are I always use jack stands as my 2nd level of safety.

Love the quick jacks.
    2nd MK4 #10639 received 3-19-23. Wife's version. Street Snake - IRS, Willwoods, no roll bars, no hood scoop, no stripes, Blue Print EFI 306 with AOD trans, and under car exhaust. Ford Eruption Green with saddle leather interior.
    1st build - Mk4 Roadster #9319, received 4-10-18. IL registration 8/6/19. Moser 8.8. 3 Link. Wilwood brakes. Blue Print 427, Holley 750, TKO 600, 0.64 OD. Paint Dec 2020. Ruby Red with Carbon Flash Black metallic stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDadGo View Post
    Could I possibly put a 2X8 or 2X10 across on top and use them transversely on the MK-4 since I'd be lifting from the 4" round tubes?
    I'd like to get the largest unit possible so we can use it on Baby Go-Dad's Camaro, Mrs. Go-Dad's Challenger and my Ram 1500.
    I need portability because a permanent lift won't work since I'm in a Hurricane Velocity Flood Zone.

Steve,

I did some research after reading this thread and I just pulled the trigger on the BL-5000EXT.

During my research I found this link from another thread that may or may not help with your question.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyO7...ature=youtu.be

Also, here is a post that has a couple of pictures of one in use:
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l=1#post270285

If you buy one from QuickJack then be sure to 'sign up' at the bottom of the QuickJack homepage to get an additional $100.

Richard

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All, does anyone have any experience using a Quickjack BL-5000SLX or BL-5000EXT on a Gen 3 65 Coupe? I'm considering purchasing one for my '18 Mustang GT and other cars but would want to make sure works for a future coupe build.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I have used the Quickjack 7k successfully on a Gen 1, 2 , 3.1 and 4 Roadster, Gen 2 and 3 Coupe, Gen 1 and 2 Hot Rod, Gen 1 GTM and an 818 with no issue. I love it and highly recommend it.

Thx,

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Henry, is yours the SLX or the EXT and can you use it fore and aft rather than sideways?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I have the 7000-SLX. I've never used it fore and aft but don't see why it wouldn't work. The only issue I see is it would be sticking out and I'd be smacking my knees on it.

Henry