Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F9R Concept Supercar Update

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flynntuna View Post
    Should we have a contest to guess the "starting price"?
    If so I guess $34, 900
    If the CF body is truly a drop on the savings on the paint and body work could help offset a higher purchase price. Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I’m really excited to see this beyond computer models! I think this would be great candidate for 5.2 voo doo with flat plane crank (if you can solve vibration issue). Looks awesome!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I must be in the minority. I'm so disappointed with this design. It looks like a glorified, more angular Mustang. A 1970s Mach 1 mustang, with a GT40 hood, meshed with the latest Supra. All of the beautiful body lines are gone. What I had hoped to see was a gorgeous, sharper Aston Martin.

An opportunity to legitimately build something beautiful, breathtaking... Something that could have come from the hands of Pinifarina, not out of a Matchbox.

Post Thanks / Like
    I see the design following the same trends that true super cars are with more sharp lines and aggressive angles. Gone, for now anyway, are the smooth flowing curves of the last generation.

BTW, have you all seen the latest Reincarnation magazine? There is an update on the new FFR car in this edition.

https://www.rcnmag.com/news/first-lo...m_medium=email
    Last edited by Papa; 12-16-2019 at 05:21 PM.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty cool, I might like it more if the aero was the same color and looked more like part of the car instead of the car floating over the aero.
    Probably too late but I hope some of the achilles heels of FFR kit cars are addressed. I posted some of this on the other forum.
    BALANCED OEM sourced big brakes standard, (ABS?, Current model Mustang 4 piston brakes are less than $150 each caliper and brake pad options are plentiful and cheap)
    OEM sourced glass if possible.
    Modern windshield wiper motor (OEM).
    Trans tunnel designed for modern 6 or 10 spd (OMG! i know)
    Work with a suspension vendor and offer optional cockpit adjustable electronic suspension as an option. (It's not that much more expensive than custom double adjustable coilovers)
    Maybe the same vendor offers an ABS module?
    Room and location for a robust (OEM evap/blower?) A/C system that's not an afterthought. With 9" length and 4" width this should be possible.
    Theme is OEM parts for accessibility, reliability and price point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the front clip going to tilt like the coupe or am I going to adjust valves laying on fenders? Inquiring minds want to know.

I'd really like a bigger tank instead of the anemic 15 gallon variety.

7. Likes Aircontroller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    In 2018, we developed the VR/CAD digital shaping process that would lay the ground work for the first all-new Factory Five F9R Hypercar! Jim in R&D teamed up with Phil Frank (designer of the Saleen S7) to design a beautiful shape, and the car was designed 100 percent digitally! The new all-carbon fiber body will be completed in early March, and production is slated to begin in 2020!

Pretty sweet update!

https://www.factoryfive.com/whats-ne...-a-new-decade/

Post Thanks / Like
    Geez where have I been. Just stumbled upon the F9 on google! What a car! A little busy in the rear end with all the aero effects but other than that its stunning. Early march is right around the corner! Can't wait for more updates. Need to finish my roadster project to make room for this beast.
    MK IV Roadster-Delivered Nov '18
    Complete Kit, Gen2 Coyote, TKO 600, 2015 IRS, FFR brakes, FFR power steering, Full length headers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12