Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Anyone here have Midwest Insurance (Classic Collectors)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Anyone here have Midwest Insurance (Classic Collectors)?

I've had them for 8 eight years.
    I received a letter today that they are "no longer doing business in your policy's state of issuance (Missouri)".

Wondering if anyone else received a similar letter.
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, off to PAINT 2/15/14!! Wahoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It might be a timing issue. My renewal is due 3/1/20. They recommended Hagerty, but I heard they are pricey.
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, off to PAINT 2/15/14!! Wahoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am in Colorado, and I got the same letter. Then, I went to haggerty's website for a quote, and it is almost 3x what I was paying with Midwest.
    MK2 #3319.... On the road since 2002 with a lot of upgrades

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MPTech View Post
    I received a letter today that they are "no longer doing business in your policy's state of issuance (Missouri)".

I live in Kansas and received the same letter 2 years ago. I looked at Hagerty and decided they had too many restrictions. I went with Grundy. Not as cheap as Midwest but a price I can live with. Pretty sure my "Agreed Value" ($60k) has something to do with the premium price.
    Doug
    FFR 7995
    347 SBF Prestige Mototsports, Moser 8.8 (3.31) 3 Link, TKO 600, Nitto 555s, 17" Halibrands, PS, AC, Heat, Color Redfire Pearl, with Wimbledon White Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    That is unfortunate. I've had Midwest for my first and current Cobra, and love them. I hope they are simply not getting out of that business (Michigan here).
    Robert
    "You don't just shift a Cobra, you chamber another round."

Post Thanks / Like
    I had classic collectors insurance for the cobra for about 4 yrs but it was 8 years ago when my car was on the street. It was only $475 per year.

When I was getting quotes for my Z06 with hagerty, they said they don't insure cobra kit cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in Georgia and pay $383.00 per year through Grundy. That's for $30k stated value. Should probably value it higher but I'm a risk taker I guess
    I may call and see what my premium would be for $10k additional increments.
    I don't really consider this private information, so hopefully this will be helpful to someone.
    -Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Just paid my Classic Collectors bill this morning. NC $383 no driving restrictions.
    Kevin
    MKIV #8234
    Coyote '14/TKO-600/3-Link 3:55 Rear
    I love the smell of 100 octane in the morning.
    NITTO NT01 275X40X17ZR - 315X35ZRX17
    Delivered 2/7/14 - Plate "COYOTE NC1965" 3/25/15

Post Thanks / Like
    From Kemper insurance website: http://www.classiccollectors.com/

Notes from Infinity
    On July 9, 2019, Classic Collectors entered into an agreement with Hagerty Insurance Agency, LLC, a managing general agent for Essentia Insurance Company. Hagerty is a market leader in the classic and antique automobile industry

As part of this agreement, Classic Collectors will no longer accept new business policies effective November 1, 2019. In addition, Classic Collectors will begin issuing Notices of Non-Renewal to insureds beginning with policy expiration dates of March 1, 2020, where permissible by law. Your Classic Collectors policy will remain in-force until you are notified by the company otherwise or unless your policy cancels for non-payment of premium.

I also talked with Norma @ Midwest, and was told that they are looking at two replacements for Infinty.

American Modern and american Collectors were mentioned, but nothing is locked in yet..........
    Last edited by Derald Rice; 12-11-2019 at 03:01 PM.
    MK2 #3319.... On the road since 2002 with a lot of upgrades

Post Thanks / Like
    I have NCM , which I believe is American Southern Home Ins Co.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in Colorado and use American National Property and Casualty (ANPAC). They have their own collector car product called CHROME (Classic, Hotrod, Replica, Original, Modified, Exotic). They are based out of MO, so it might be worth looking into. My premium for agreed value ($64,500) with $500k liability is about $330 per six months.
    Last edited by Papa; 12-13-2019 at 05:29 PM.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

12. Thanks ydousurf thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just to let everyone know Infinity has decided to no longer write new business. They will renew policies in certain States. They contracted with Hagerty to move business there and we would still be the agent on the policy. We have two other markets we will be reviewing policies in to be sure our clients get the best possible rate and coverage we can offer. We appreciate your past business and will continue to write collector car insurance in the various markets we have. Thank you,

Robbin Terry
    Midwest Classic Insurance
    888-271-4000
    [email protected]
    [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR]

14. Thanks Aircontroller thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Derald Rice View Post
    I am in Colorado, and I got the same letter. Then, I went to haggerty's website for a quote, and it is almost 3x what I was paying with Midwest.
    We will be reviewing this as we have other markets. The rates on Hagerty's website are not what is suppose to be used for our clients.

Robbin

Post Thanks / Like

We will be reviewing this as we have other markets. The rates on Hagerty's website are not what are suppose to be used for our clients.

Robbin

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rwantin View Post
    That is unfortunate. I've had Midwest for my first and current Cobra, and love them. I hope they are simply not getting out of that business (Michigan here).
    Your policy in Michigan will not be effected as it was not with Infinity. Thank you for your business.

Robbin

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Derald Rice View Post
    From Kemper insurance website: http://www.classiccollectors.com/

Notes from Infinity
    On July 9, 2019, Classic Collectors entered into an agreement with Hagerty Insurance Agency, LLC, a managing general agent for Essentia Insurance Company. Hagerty is a market leader in the classic and antique automobile industry

As part of this agreement, Classic Collectors will no longer accept new business policies effective November 1, 2019. In addition, Classic Collectors will begin issuing Notices of Non-Renewal to insureds beginning with policy expiration dates of March 1, 2020, where permissible by law. Your Classic Collectors policy will remain in-force until you are notified by the company otherwise or unless your policy cancels for non-payment of premium.

I also talked with Norma @ Midwest, and was told that they are looking at two replacements for Infinty.

American Modern and american Collectors were mentioned, but nothing is locked in yet..........
    You will receive an initial quote from Hagerty for the Infinity policy but if it is not something we feel is acceptable, from a rate standpoint, we will be looking at the other markets in our office. Rest assured we want to do the best we can for all clients we have worked with over the past 40 years.

Thank you,

Robbin

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Doug View Post
    I live in Kansas and received the same letter 2 years ago. I looked at Hagerty and decided they had too many restrictions. I went with Grundy. Not as cheap as Midwest but a price I can live with. Pretty sure my "Agreed Value" ($60k) has something to do with the premium price.
    Infinity pulled out of Kansas as you mentioned about two years ago. You might wan to give us a shot again as we have different markets we are using.

Robbin

Post Thanks / Like
    It might be a timing issue. My renewal is due 3/1/20. They recommended Hagerty, but I heard they are pricey.
    Infinity worked out an option with Hagerty, they are suppose to be able to compete with the rates we have been using through Infinity. If they are not we will be looking at the other markets in our office. It's going to be an interesting year in 2020 to say the least

Thank you for your past business,

Robbin

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    I'm in Colorado and use American National Property and Casualty (ANPAC). They have their own collector car product called CHROME (Classic, Hotrod, Replica, Original, Modified, Exotic). They are based out of MO, so it might be worth looking into. My premium for agreed value ($64,500) with $500k liability is about $330 per six months.
    Give us a shot at your renewal we may be able to do something better for you. We have three different markets we utilize and write quite a few in the Mile High Cobra Club.

Thank you,

Robbin

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorP View Post
    I had classic collectors insurance for the cobra for about 4 yrs but it was 8 years ago when my car was on the street. It was only $475 per year.

When I was getting quotes for my Z06 with hagerty, they said they don't insure cobra kit cars.
    We have three different markets and we insure kit cars through all of them so no problem there. We also insure the newer vehicles as well as long as they are collectible in nature.

Robbin

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
    Just paid my Classic Collectors bill this morning. NC $383 no driving restrictions.
    Thank you for your business Kevin. We will be reviewing things on your policy in about 10-11 months. It'll be a fun year I am sure. If you ever have any questions let us know.

Robbin

24. Thanks BEAR-AvHistory thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have American Modern at $40K on my ffr mk4 donor build, they restrict me to 3k miles a year and eventhough its titled as a 1965 replica they insisted insuring it as a 2014.

Walt
    FFR8237 Donor build 89 GT , MK 4 , T5 , 17 " hallibrands 9" front 10.5 rear ,4×4 headers stainless mufflers, dual chrome roll bars, coil overs all 4,A/C and heater , soft top, 3:55 gears.