BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Last drive of the year

Post Thanks / Like

Last drive of the year

It was a beautiful day with temps approaching 70. Took my son (8 yo) to lunch and a birthday party for one of his buddies. This evening, temps have dropped into the low 40s, and I took the roadster to pick up some carryout, enjoying the beautiful but cool sunset reflecting in Miller's paint job.

The remainder of the week gets windy and much colder, and with holiday travel coming up, I decided to throw the cover on after dinner so the snake can get in a brief hibernation until the new year.

On a different note, I'll be placing an order for a 4-post lift tomorrow with install in early January! Going with a Bendpak HD 9 and will add a trolley jack in the future.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas celebrating the birth of the Lord and a happy new year!
    MKIV Complete Kit: 3-link, vintage gauges, glove-box dash, chrome roll bars, 17" wheels, B/T leather seats, Gas-N side pipes and headers; Drive train: Levy 408w w/carb, TKO600, Moser 8.8 with 3.55s and GT rear brakes; Paint: Jeff Miller Ford Magnetic Grey Metallic with BMW Titan Silver stripes
    Ordered: 4/5/16, Order completion: 5/14/16, Delivered: 5/24/16, First start: 6/22/19, Registered and legal: 10/28/19

2. Likes GoDadGo, ydousurf liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to say that you could spend the winter cleaning up your garage. But I see that that is already done.

I feel for the guys that have to put their cars away for winter. A lift for Christmas......NICE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice - nice shine on the paint too! I too feel for the folks that have to put them away for a season. Having said that, June - September most times it's just too hot or wet to take her out.
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.