FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: MK4 - RHD build

Post Thanks / Like

MK4 - RHD build

Hello Members

This is my first post here! and am super excited share my journey with everyone.

Maybe too early to post this ..but finally ordered a complete RHD kit with Horsepower world in Australia. As much as i cant wait to get started ...i would still have to wait a few more months. While i wait i am gathering as much information as possible.

I am planning to build this with a 351W and a C4 ( dont kill me ) ...but still have a lot of time to finally decide on something concretely.
    I ordered 28 spline drive shaft for T5 and was wondering if this would be compatible with C4. There are quite few options on FFR parts shop and what would be the best match if not?

The second question is...in terms of building a RHD what are the challenges? Do i need to do any alteration/ changes to the chassis ? Any experiences?

Thanks in Advance looking forward to learn a lot from everyone

cheers

2. Likes nucjd19 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome,

I am in the middle of a standard build but found your post intriguing. Looks like FFR did not offer RHD for some time but offered tips on how to convert it. Now they do. I suspect there will be some challenges but should be super interesting. Automatics are not super common but they've been done.

I drove for 6 months in Ireland and for the first few weeks I would smack my right elbow into the window when it was time to shift just out of habit of moving my right hand when it was time to change gears.
    MK4 #10008 - Ordered 10/06/20, Delivered 03/03/21, First Start 7/22/21, First Go Kart 7/24/21
    Paint by Metal Morphous 5/14/22, Legally registered 6/8/22, Graduated 7/20/22
    Build Thread https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...been-delivered
    Complete Kit, Ford 306, Sniper/Dual Sync, T5, Hydraulic clutch

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum! I can't answer any of your questions but I'm very interested to watch a RHD automatic trans. build, so please do keep us updated as you go along.
    MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Newaz! Really excited to see this build.No clue about RHD info.
    FFR MK4 Roadster (9945) complete kit, delivered 12/4/2020, First start and go kart 5/7/2021. Legal 8/14/2021, Paint finished 7/18/2022 (Viking Blue). 347BPE CI, TKO600, Moser 8.8 3link 3.55, Halibrand 17x9 17x10.5, power steering. Carbon Fiber Dash. Carbon Fiber trans tunnel, adjustable Kirkey Lowback Vintage seats, Vintage gauges, RT drop trunk mod, FFmetal drop battery mod and trans tunnel, Forte front sway bar. Forte mechanical throttle linkage, RT gas pedal. www.covespringsfarm.com