BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Help with roll bar rings

Post Thanks / Like

Help with roll bar rings

Has anyone found some kind of decorative ring for for their bar. I am installing my roll bar hopefully for the last time.

After putting a niice foam cover and Naugahyde over the back, I am looking for hole covers that match the 33HR roll bar diameter. I would like Crome covers that I see on a lot of the M4 roadster. This will also cover some minor flaws around the trim of the naugahyde. I have searched the net but can’t seem to find the right word to call these rings. I though Speedway but I still couldn’t find any.

Anyone know where I can find these, I would be grateful.

TomH33

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because of the angle the waterfall is IMO you will have to make your own or have someone make them. The MK4 rings are mounted on a fairly flat part of the body. Though the ones for the angle back part of the roll bar on the Mk4 may work with a little bending. I do not have any right now that I could check for you. Maybe someone else on the forum does. Best of luck.

http://www.replicaparts.com/roll%20b...ing%20page.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I made a set from 3000 series aluminum. They end up with a moderate radius to fit close. It forms easily. I'll polish and clear before I install.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I made a set from 3000 series aluminum. It's the same material I build the dash inserts from. Those of you that have the KVC dash know how easily it forms. I actually beat the material into submission with a brubber hammer on the waterfall itself.They end up with a moderate radius to fit close. It forms easily. I'll polish and clear before I install.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have ordered some grommet seals from Seals-It, they are made with a specific OD and rubber ID. I still need to see how I can paint the chrome ring Burnt Copper, so it matches the other colored detail parts. Here is the link: www.sealsit.com/product/3-grommet-seal/ just pick the "ID Hole" and choose which ID you want, I was thinking 1-1/4" so it slips tightly around the pipe. I will make sure the roll bar sits where I want it then I will remove it, slip on the seal, then slide it down to where I want it and shape the ring accordingly before fastening it. Good luck!
    Black & Copper #1028 ("The Mistress" according to my wife! )
    Brought home: Nov. 2017, GoKart: May 2018, will be Plated & on the Road April 2020
    Andreas

Post Thanks / Like
    Those grommet seals look like a great idea - useful in several places. I'm going to file that one away for future reference. Thanks! Keith