FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: A couple of door related questions

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of door related questions

1) Did everyone with a truck kit receive felt lined weather stripping for 3/4 of the inside of the doors and ‘cats head’ to run along the bottom of the inside of their side windows? I’ve looked at several older posts with no conclusion.

2) assuming I’ve done the weather stripping correctly, there is no way it will keep the water out of the inside of the doors during a summer thundershower around here...let alone a power wash. So...what are you guys doing for water management inside the doors? I’m thinking 3 or 4 roughly 1/4” size holes in the bottom where the two different panels are bonded together.

Comments?

Better yet...suggestions?

Thanks much!
    Pat
    Last edited by Pat Landymore; 02-01-2020 at 08:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    My kit came with 2 long pieces of felt strip. 4 pieces of cat's head. And 2 extruded pieces of aluminum channel with a rubber & felt insert ( I have no clue what they are for). I'm going to FFR on that. I can't comment on water, your a bit ahead of me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your reply Furrman.
    I believe the aluminum channel is for ‘33 doors. That’s what I’ve read in a different thread, but definitely ask FFR to confirm.

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Landymore View Post
    1) Did everyone with a truck kit receive felt lined weather stripping for 3/4 of the inside of the doors and ‘cats head’ to run along the bottom of the inside of their side windows? I’ve looked at several older posts with no conclusion.

2) assuming I’ve done the weather stripping correctly, there is no way it will keep the water out of the inside of the doors during a summer thundershower around here...let alone a power wash. So...what are you guys doing for water management inside the doors? I’m thinking 3 or 4 roughly 1/4” size holes in the bottom where the two different panels are bonded together.

Comments?

Better yet...suggestions?

Thanks much!
    Pat
    Yes drill drain holes. OEM cars have them as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for answering my question!
    Cheers,
    Pat