Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Any builds using the BluePrint 347 with 4 Webers?

Chairman Cuomos Peoples Republik of Central New Yorkistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Any builds using the BluePrint 347 with 4 Webers?

Pretty sure when I build my 65 Coupe I want to do the period correct SBF with 4 Webers.

Spoke with Mike at https://www.piercemanifolds.com/ and their part # K9103 is a bolt on for the BluePrint 347.

Has anyone else done this?

Post Thanks / Like
    2 things to consider.....

First, The cam that blueprint uses may not be weber friendly. Webers like 112-114 degrees of LSA.

Second, since this will be in a coupe, you will be challenged with hood height. Especially if you are going to have tall valve covers for roller rocker arms. The accelerator pump rod may hit the valve cover, and spacers are the cure to solve that problem, but spacers make the hood clearance even tighter. This is not a new problem, and some of the coupe guys have been able to get the clearance needed.
    MK2 #3319.... On the road since 2002 with a lot of upgrades

East Coast Speed Machines Erik W. Treves's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used the Blueprint 347 in my 289 car and swapped out the cam with 48 IDA (drilled idle circuit) ... ran like a top! Did the entire power tour with it in the rain and everything....
    FFR 1879, Blown DSS 306,REDLINE management, VeryCoolParts Tuned 460RWHP

FFR 818S, The Flash, Chassis #5, 2.0L, LSD, Electromotive TEC-S, VCP Tuned, 278RWHP 265 RWTQ

FFR 6651, Green Lantern, 408W Crate, Hellion 66mm Turbo, JGS Waste gate / Blowoff valve, Tec-GT management, VCP Tuned, 575 RWHP, 690 RWTQ

FFR 8335, Black Mamba, 289 FIA CSX 2001 tribute car, 347, 48 IDA webers, VCP Tuned, 311 RWHP 386 RWTQ, 3-link, Trigo's

FFR 0004, Gen 3 , Hawk Coupe, Coyote twin turbo, 683 RWHP 559 RWTQ, IRS, VCP Tuned. "not too shabby"

US ARMY Maintenance Test Pilot (CW4 Retired)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Derald Rice View Post
    2 things to consider.....

First, The cam that blueprint uses may not be weber friendly. Webers like 112-114 degrees of LSA.

Second, since this will be in a coupe, you will be challenged with hood height. Especially if you are going to have tall valve covers for roller rocker arms. The accelerator pump rod may hit the valve cover, and spacers are the cure to solve that problem, but spacers make the hood clearance even tighter. This is not a new problem, and some of the coupe guys have been able to get the clearance needed.
    Thanks for your response Derald. Considering that a Small Block Ford (which the 347 is) and the 4 x Weber IDA was original equipment, i can not imagine clearances to be an issue esp since the FFR Daytona Coupe is 5% larger than the original 6 coupes. If I am wrong I am more than happy to be corrected . . .

I have zero problems changing a cam, in fact Blueprint Engines will build the motor with the cam I spec . .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik W. Treves View Post
    I used the Blueprint 347 in my 289 car and swapped out the cam with 48 IDA (drilled idle circuit) ... ran like a top! Did the entire power tour with it in the rain and everything....
    Please tell me more Erik. What cam did you use? Did you document the build online? Which manifold did you use? And finally, where did you source your parts for the Webers/Manifold? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    The build is in the 289 forum.. search "black mamba"
    I got everything from Wayne Presley at VeryCoolParts.com... honestly ran very well.. you must follow the receipt though... otherwise they you will have problems ... I didnt over think it .. called wayne and put it on the dyno.. no changes out of the box

The cam was a weber specific cam (stage2)

FFR 818S, The Flash, Chassis #5, 2.0L, LSD, Electromotive TEC-S, VCP Tuned, 278RWHP 265 RWTQ

FFR 6651, Green Lantern, 408W Crate, Hellion 66mm Turbo, JGS Waste gate / Blowoff valve, Tec-GT management, VCP Tuned, 575 RWHP, 690 RWTQ

FFR 8335, Black Mamba, 289 FIA CSX 2001 tribute car, 347, 48 IDA webers, VCP Tuned, 311 RWHP 386 RWTQ, 3-link, Trigo's

FFR 0004, Gen 3 , Hawk Coupe, Coyote twin turbo, 683 RWHP 559 RWTQ, IRS, VCP Tuned. "not too shabby"

Post Thanks / Like
    I will add... the only reason my coupe didn't end up with stacks is because I like power adders.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, the cam is the key ingredient to using Webers. My cam is 115 deg separation, and .574/.585 lift.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone, especially Derald.

So space may be an issue for the SBF with Webers . . . even though the FFR Coupe is 5-6% larger than the originals. See at the 1:10 minute mark . . . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZLQIt8bHUQ&t=53s

The call is still out . . has anyone built a Coupe with SBF and 4 x Webers??

Post Thanks / Like
    For what it's worth: I have never heard of anyone having hood clearance problems on a Type 65 with 4 Webers or an 8-stack EFI setup. I don't often comment without firsthand experience, but it looks like the stacks of that K9103 setup would be within the center hood bulge, and fit without a problem.

For background info., on most factory 302/5.0 EFI manifolds, the throttle body hits the hood (where the hood bulge ends) unless you fabricate an intake elbow, as seen in these photos, or do something else to fix the problem. I seem to remember talk of tall or single-plane 302 carb. intakes being hit or miss, but have no firsthand experience. The photos are a Gen 2; I'm happy to take some measurements if that would help.

Finished Engine 2 .JPGFinished Engine 1 .JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Inglese 8-stack on mine, no issues. It's on my Spyder which has the Gen 1 hood.
    Much prefer the webers on the Cobra.
    img_1942.jpg
    Engine.jpg

Troy
    " The journey is the reward" Chinese Proverb
    FFR Roadster #5380
    FFR Spyder GT #030

Post Thanks / Like
    MK2 #3319.... On the road since 2002 with a lot of upgrades

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Derald Rice View Post
    Thanks Derald, that is awesome!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 302 with 44mm IDFs on it with an Engle cam, EP22/49 with 113 LSA, works nicely. I had to trim the accelerator pump rods a little for clearance. The accelerator pump rods, I believe, are not on IDAs, only on IDFs. IDAs are period-correct but IDFs have better drivability qualities (idle progression holes are a bit better on IDFs but IDAs can be modified). I also built a turkey-pan around my carbs, extra work but looks and seems to work great. If I ever get around to building a 289 FIA Cobra replica I’ll build another 302 with Webers without hesitation.
    George T

Type 65 Coupe #338, Picked Up 4-Aug-07, Roller on 8-Mar-09, 1st start 8-Sep-13, 1st Autocross 7-Oct-18, finished sanding & sprayed paint myself 6-Nov-21, IRS/LCA/Koni/traditional gages/Kirkey/pin-drive rear width/15" Torq-Thrust Ds/44IDFs/Brodix ST5.0R heads/Eagle internal-balance crankshaft/oil pan by Armando/home-made turkey pan/S-10 mid-shift T5

15. Likes Doug Logan liked this post