I've had the MK4 on the lift for storage and went to start it yesterday to move it off. It wouldn't start. Here's the experience and what I've tried.

1. Turned the key... Click, click,click,click,click. Figure its a dead battery as I didn't have the battery tender on it (last start was about a month ago, which also required me to charge the battery, but no problem starting after that)
2. Charge battery, check battery with meter and it shows 12.47 volts. Guage in car shows the same. Turn the key...click, click, click, click. No Start
3. Lift car - check the volts at the starter. 12.37 volts at the input from the battery.
4. Remove all cables from starter, clean connections, reattach cables. Turn key, click, click, click, click
5. Remove battery cables from battery... clean posts, reattach battery cables. Turn Key, click, click, Click, Click
6. Preliminary tracing of cables indicates no damage to cables.
7. Battery is about 7 years old, so may need replacing.... but again voltage shows find. Not able to check cranking amps as I don't have that tester (or don't know how to do it with my voltmeter)

Where do I go from here?