Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: turn signals work now on both sides

Post Thanks / Like

turn signals work now on both sides

I had this working and then both starting blinking when you put the turn signal on? Any ideas?

Zach

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you talking front, back or both. For the fronts I'm wondering if you have wired them as DRL in addition to Turn signals?

Steve
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    Should be the same as the 33, using the steering column hazards, turn signals,... This requires some modification to the wiring harness though which is outlined in the main 33 manual (and I assume the 35 as well). <comment regarding DRL function and diodes deleted...>

Steve
    Last edited by FF33rod; 02-03-2020 at 08:30 PM.
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    Diodes?
    First I’ve read of this...can you please fill me in a little more as to which wire(s), type of diode, etc?
    I have the latest PDF manual for the truck from FFR and there is no mention of diodes.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Apologies Pat, I was going off a bad memory and have updated my post above.... I see that the gen 2 33 manual now covers this and as you said, no mention of diodes. My mistake, sorry for the confusion.... Comment still applies regarding harness mods due to the steering column functions....

Steve
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the update Steve!
    Cheers,
    Pat

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve,

No such data in the truck version. Except clip the rear turn signals out of the bundle in the dash harness to keep the headlights from coming on when you step on the brakes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just the rear. They worked, I think and then started both rear blinking when the turn signal applied. The Hazards work correctly. brake lights work great.

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Check your blinker fluid and ensure you're using the correct fluid. If not sure, google Blinker Fluid or watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6GsXhBb10k
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

10. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I filled it up with DOT 6 from the Ford house! The Chevy house was out already.

Zach

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve,

Could you add the details of this change please? I asked Tony and David to help with this question.

Zach

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay.

Went back and cut the soldered wires. The park lights and the brake lights work great. The induvial turn signal lights for left and right work if not hooked up to the left park or brake lights like it the manual says do. If I touch these or put these on either turn signal wire to the park or the brake wire both blinkers blink!!??? What is miss wired. I should have said earlier that this is how they worked previous. EFFECTS.jpg

Getting closer. EFFECTS.jpgYesterday was the first drive all together. Cannot say enough about the handling and power.

Zach EFFECTS.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for three pictures!

The below is from FFR. I am going to check the purple wire to see if that is it. Everything else is spot on to what we have currently.

Here’s my instructions on headlight and taillight wiring. Please note you will not be using the purple wire for the brake lights.

Tail Lights
    Harness Light
    Ground Black White
    Turn/Brake Yellow L/White R Red
    Parking Tan Black
    Headlight Connections
    Chassis Harness Headlight Plug Pigtail
    Ground Black Black or Black
    High Beam Brown Red or White
    Low Beam Red Green or Red
    Left Turn Dk Green Blue wire
    Right Turn Lt Blue Blue wire
    Bulb Extra Wires Function
    Attach Blue wire as indicated for function
    Red DRL 12V key on
    Green Turn Signal Blue to above

Red & Green can be tied together for turn signal
    and no DRL function.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sperger72 View Post
    Steve,

Could you add the details of this change please? I asked Tony and David to help with this question.

Zach
    Here is a paste from the Gen2 HR manual, from the section on steering column wiring:

- Locate the dash harness section of the chassis harness.
    - Cut the horn wire back and tape the end so that it will not ground out and make the horn go off once they
    are connected.
    - Cut the (pink) hazard wire back and tape the end so that it will not ground out and pop the brake fuse.
    - Cut the yellow and white rear turn signal light wires off the turn signal connectors that are for the dash
    turn signal switch so that the turn signal lights do not back feed and light the front turn signals when the
    brakes are pressed.
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve,

That was in the manual. It was the purple wires that were connected and the manual did not say to remove it.

Zach

17. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sperger72 View Post
    Steve,

That was in the manual....

Zach
    Yup, that's what I said in post #3, then in post #11 you asked for the details. Glad you got it sorted...

Steve
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104