Hey Frank. Sounds like your new to the Sniper EFI like I was so thought I'd pass on some info so you don't make same mistakes I did. Turns out this thing dose not really learn and adjust itself until the vehicle is actually in motion. I assumed it would learn as soon as it reached the 160 degrees and the handheld says its learning. Not so. I had the motor in and running long before I had the chassis in go cart stage. So while starting and running up to temp to verify operation of fan, heater, cooling, ac, et I kept starting it and running at idle. And of course just starting to hear it every now and then It dose not like that! Ran extremely rich, went through a couple sets of plugs and had some other intermittent issues. Some issues I had I'm not sure were related to that but ended up having to send in to Holley. Once it came back I did not start until I could actually drive the chassis. luckily I have some property and was able to do laps in the back pasture. Once I did that it made the mixture corrections and all works fine now. Thought I had more issues cause the pump kept shutting off but turned out to be bad connector at the pump.

So in short. Try not to run to much until you can actually get it moving!