Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Ron Francis Wire Harness Issues

Post Thanks / Like

Ron Francis Wire Harness Issues

Just spent an entire day trouble shooting an electrical problem. In the end I believe that the Ron Francis wire harness fuse block was the culprit. They wired the fan relay socket to be normally closed so the fan runs when it's not supposed to and it shuts down when actually needed. I can't fix/re-wire the existing socket because they didn't install a connector in the fuse block on the normally open side. Does FFR or Ron Francis have any warranty or guarantee on these components? What is customer service like at Ron Francis?

Thanks!
    FFR MKIV ordered 12 July 2019. IRS, Wilwood Brakes, 18" Wheels w/MT tires, power steering, EFI, Heat. 347 Dart w/TKO-600 by Mike Forte, Holley FI, MSD coil and CD box. All new, no donor build.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can remove the wire from the NC location in the fuse block under the relay with a small screwdriver and re-insert it in the NO location. The relay will function normally.
    FFR MK4 #8317, 393 Cleveland, Lunati VooDoo solid roller, CHI 3V heads and intake, TKO 600, Std roadster seats, 8.8 3.55 diff, 17" Halibrand replica wheels, Ford "Magnetic Metallic", silver ghost stripe. (Sold 10/16/21)

3. Thanks RBachman thanked for this post
    Likes RBachman, Tree liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankb View Post
    You can remove the wire from the NC location in the fuse block under the relay with a small screwdriver and re-insert it in the NO location. The relay will function normally.
    X2. A small precision screwdriver can disengage the locking tab on the end of the wire. It can then be inserted into the proper spot.

5. Thanks RBachman thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got it!

Thanks!!!!!
    FFR MKIV ordered 12 July 2019. IRS, Wilwood Brakes, 18" Wheels w/MT tires, power steering, EFI, Heat. 347 Dart w/TKO-600 by Mike Forte, Holley FI, MSD coil and CD box. All new, no donor build.

7. Likes BadAsp427 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    While you're checking the electrical harness, make sure the wires from the main to front, main to rear, main to dash, & main to sending units connectors match up. I've seen a couple of harnesses where there was a mismatch, causing no end of headache until we figured out the connector was wired incorrectly.

John
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313

9. Thanks RBachman thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks John,

I've been doing that to make sure the wires align with its proper mate between connections. So far no other issues I know of yet. Although, I am checking everything over with a thermal scope when energized to make sure nothing is getting too hot when energized.