Quote Originally Posted by Alphamacaroon View Post
Just got around to mounting my side-pipes with the body on, and it's not looking good... The passenger side pipe is about an inch low and the driver side is about an inch high. I know there are wedges you can buy to adjust the alignment of the pipe to the header, but I'm not sure they will work in this case because I need to move the entire pipe up or down (not tilted).

It's almost like the entire engine is mounted with a slight tilt to the passenger side. But I've checked, and both engine mount tabs are bottomed out in the slots and the oil pan appears nicely aligned to the frame from below. I've also made sure the body is aligned and everything looks symmetrical on both sides. So my only guess is that maybe the headers just have a small amount of difference in the angle of the mounting flange (because the headers are so long, it doesn't take much of a difference to result in a lot difference at the end of them).

I can only think of a couple of options:

1. Unbolt the engine mount and add a shim to one side to try to rotate the engine a bit. Not sure I like this idea, and again, the engine seems to be fairly well level side-to-side.
2. Add some sort of alignment wedge to the header to engine mounting flange to try to rotate it a bit. Does anyone make such a thing?
3. Stick a long 2x4 into the header collector and see if I can bend it into the position I want. Is this a completely crazy/idiotic thought? Could I do this while mounted to the engine (I'm leaning towards NOT)?

Am I missing other options? Is this a common issue? I know there is generally some alignment that needs to be done, but it seems like moving the entire pipe up or down is not something that is easily accomplished (unless header to engine wedges are a common thing). Any help would be greatly appreciated!
My header was much too low on the passenger side. After much diddling with the engine mounts and chopping out the pontoon, I finally took the car to a shop where they cut and re-welded the headers to the proper angle. Then had the header recoated with ceramic.