Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Body Chassis- centering.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmcallahan View Post
    Do you know how far forward is the body to the door strike tabs?
    I really can't tell what you have by your photos but this one from Mark Eaton shows it well.

You want a good solid 1/4" or more. Is the roll of the cowl contacting the dash and preventing you from being able to move the body farther forward? It generally needs to be cut back. Every once in a while I have to trim the rearmost lip of the trunk aluminum but not often. If you toss the inner rear spacers into your junk box and use my coupler mod life will be easier.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff, sorry for the messed up pics. The roll of the cowl is not stopping the body from moving forward. I trimmed the lower trunk aluminum and now have about 1/4" of forward movement. Now the body is 1/4" forward of the strike mount plate on the driver's and passenger side.IMG_0962[2].JPG
    Last edited by Kmcallahan; 03-17-2020 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Add pics

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe I have the body forward enough now. I trimmed the lower trunk aluminum and the aluminum on both sides of trunk 1/4". I have 1/4" or space between the roll of the cowl and dash, with out trimming.IMG_E0977[1].JPGIMG_0976[1].JPG. Should I move forward any more? Is it necessary? If I do not need to move body forward anymore i will start fitting the Trunk, Hood and doors.