BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 32 Grille advantage.

Post Thanks / Like

32 Grille advantage.

Well THATS convenient. 4 nuts and the grill pops right off.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    33 Hot Rod #1133. LS/TKO600
    Delivered 6-17-19. Started work 7-3-19. First start 9-6-19. First drive 9-24-19
    Titled 2-28-20

MkI.IV 2643k

Post Thanks / Like
    Sethmark, I had to slot those four holes to make my shroud to hood clearance right. I also tacked the nuts on the grille to shroud bracket making it easy to remove the grille. Ray

Post Thanks / Like
    Hoods are for neighbors.
    Titled 2-28-20

MkI.IV 2643k

Post Thanks / Like
    Now that's funny! Trust me if I build another it will not have one! It was a serious pain in the rear. Would have been done with the body and paint several weeks ago if I had deleted it (I honestly kicked it around). Cheers Ray

Post Thanks / Like
    I do wish I had a body guy. I’d like the car done.
    Titled 2-28-20

MkI.IV 2643k

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought prior to receiving the kit that I could be completely finished in three months. I only work on it 30hrs a week . I assumed that it was just a bolt together kit! Boy was I wrong! I now am hoping four months for completion but it will probably take a little longer. I tried to keep it simple as I just want to have fun. If I want all the bells and whistles I will just drive my pickup. When I talked to Tony at FFR he said some guys have been working on them for 10 years so I don't feel bad. Heck at my age I would not have time to enjoy it if I spent that much time on it. LOL Ray

7. Likes j33ptj liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm making it so my hood just pops right off, even though I'll probably run without it most of the time.
    33 Hot Rod w/ deluxe 32 nose
    350 SBC and 700r4 automatic, 8.8 rear with 3.55 gears
    Order date:4/25/19, Deliver date 6/10/19
    First run 10/6/2019, Go cart 11/3/2019

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope to finish mine next year. If I do it'll be 5 years building and I'll be 80 years old.

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer the styling of the 33 grill but if I were to do this over again, I think I'd go with the 32 and have often contemplated doing just that even now that mine is together. My grill would make a good shop ornament.

The 32 grill standing straight up instead of the streamlined laid back look of the 33 is more efficient for cooling, provides more room between the suspension and radiator and would make it easier to have a one-piece lift off front end, which I'd really like to have so I could run full front fenders and still work on the engine AND I could run it in one of the index classes.

Then I could call my car a deuce coupe and play that Beach Boys song everyday. The 32 is the iconic American Hot Rod that I dreamed of as a kid growing up in the nifty fifties.
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

Post Thanks / Like
    There is still hope for me then.... a while before I am 75,... although we probably will not be allowed to build petrol engine driven cars by then....

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just read that General Motors is going to be phasing out internal combustion completely and by 2035 will no longer offer them in cars, SUVs, and light trucks. Other auto manufacturers will surely follow. This will significantly change our hobby. The future will be electrifying.
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NAZ View Post
    I just read that General Motors is going to be phasing out internal combustion completely and by 2035 will no longer offer them in cars, SUVs, and light trucks. Other auto manufacturers will surely follow. This will significantly change our hobby. The future will be electrifying.
    Indeed, we will have to play the v8 sound over internal and external speakers!!!