I ran acrosss a thread in the ffcars forum, which asks: "What is the coolest thing that has happened to you since owning your Cobra?"

I read a few of the comments and quickly realized that I had to keep reading... Some of the responses are hilarious, and others are just plain cool!

After taking the cue from the original post in the previous Roadster Forum, I thought it would be cool to have a similar post in the GTM forum...

So, me being the curious type that I am, I wondered the same about the GTM crowd. I know that there aren't nearly as many GTM's running around as there are Cobra's, Coupes, and/or Spyders, but I would truly love to hear the stories that you guys can share with the rest of us!

What's the Coolest thing that has happened to you while driving, (or because of), your GTM?

The following, were replies that came back to this question. I'd really like to keep this thread going here in the New GTM forum.

6/27/2008
Richard Oben
Most people have no idea what it is, I have no badges on the car and will likely not put any on. Ferrari is the most common guess. People are mostly blown away at how low the car is. I currently have my front ride height up a little until I get used to how low the front is so it will be lower soon. Cell phone pix are constant, driving or when parked, even more so than with the cobra or the Daytona coupe. Many people are suprised it is a kit vehicle, that was cool, we tried to take the kit out of it. I had punk kid come up and say in a dissenting voice 'gee it is only a kit car'. I piped up and asked what he drove and if he could even change the oil in it? He shut up quick, pretty funny. Nothing really cool has happened but I thought I would give the thread a bump. Cheers Richard.

6/29/2008
65 Cobra Dude
One of my favorites is pulling onto MacDill AFB in Tampa, FL in the GTM for the first time. Security Forces snaps a salute and asks "What the heck kind of car is that?" I return the salute and say its a GTM and he replies "I knew I should have been an Officer." I just chuckled and went to work.

I have also had a few folks take pics while on the road with their cell phone. Funny part is they do it through their side mirror so I don't see them

Henry

7/4/2008
AllanFFR
Well it all started the day I trailered it to get registered...
On the way home I see an unmarked suburban flying up to me. The police lights come on, pull me over and this monster of a guy jumps out. All I can see is the cuffs in his hand and I wonder what I ran over with the trailer. Ends up of course he just wants to take a look and see if he can fit inside.

From there it's been endless pictures on the highway or anywhere I leave it. On the way home from the open house it took me a half hour to get out of the gas station becuase people kept stopping to talk about it. Then when I finally got on the highway a woman in a Mercedes circled me for 15 minutes taking pictures from all angles. I don't find that people try and hide their jaw drop open mouth wow when they see the GTM.

Then there was the time I "accidentally" was going 150...

8/05/2008
cob427sc
Having driven my GTM almost 3000 miles so far, I've had my share of stares, questions, pulled over by police 4 times just to look, etc., but last weekend was the craziest. I was driving down a divided highway (2 lanes each way) and all of a sudden a small Honda SUV comes blasting out of no where to catch me (I'm doing about 80 mph), he must have been doing at least 95-100. Once he catches up to me, he virtually locks up the binders and 4 college age guys all start taking camera photos (including the driver) while nearly running me off the road. I slow down, he slows down and nearly bumps me again. I speed up, he follows up to 100, thinking I lost him I back off. Sure enough here he comes again, this time with a video camera hanging out the drivers side window (yes, the driver is filming while driving at 100mph!). He nearly bumps me again, then passes as I slow down. Then the rear door pops open, and more filming from the back begins while the driver is all over the road. Protecting my life (and the GTM!) I pray for a cop, but duck out at the next ramp. These guys were nuts!

8/06/2008
taz25
While dining outside of a local café, there are couple of guys sitting one table over ripping on the “owner” of a nearly parked GTM, naturally not knowing it was me. Its not hard to make that assumption as I don’t looked like much. Apparently I had to buy one of those to get any action . Also I’m a sucker as all Italian exotics break all the time. Then the conversation went on… exchanging their automotive expertise. Not to ruin my lunch or getting my butt kicked, I waited until it was time to leave. On the way out I asked “are you getting any action with your Honda” ( keys on the table )

11/25/2008
Samurai41
Tower--request a fly by.....
I didn't think of this thread at the time, but last month- I got a fly by from an old US coast guard plane. Maybe it was because the car was in pink primer (I was hoping hollywood would come out with a Barbie remake, I would have been a shoe in for the Barbie Mobile) Had the body out in the sun bathing. they flew over a flew times and gave me enough time to grab my camera.