Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Tow Points on 33 Hot Rod

Post Thanks / Like

Tow Points on 33 Hot Rod

I've tried to search the forum and didn't find anything. Thinking ahead, if I ever break down, what attachment points would a tow truck use? The front end seems to have nothing great. I was thinking even a removable tow hook but there doesn't seem to be a great place to put one or weld one on.

Anyone ever run into a tow truck situation?

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    I carry two 6' long web slings for just this contingency: https://www.mcmaster.com/slings/eyeless-web-slings-7/

I can choke them around the lower control arm tight against the chassis pivot (do not pull on the lower control arm anywhere other than up against the ends, either the ball joint end or preferably at the chassis). This is how I load the car in the trailer when using the winch and how I used to tie down the front end while in the trailer.
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

Post Thanks / Like
    I have abrasion resistant axle straps to go over the ball joints in front and the rear arms in the back. Longer strap could go through the wheels.___
    Attached Images Attached Images
    33 Hot Rod #1133. LS/TKO600
    Delivered 6-17-19. Started work 7-3-19. First start 9-6-19. First drive 9-24-19
    Titled 2-28-20

MkI.IV 2643k

4. Likes Aircontroller, AJT '33 liked this post