Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
Your build is looking great. I like the powder coat you chose. One comment about what you said about rivet nuts. I assume you've used them before? In my experience, and I do use quite a few in varying sizes, the right size installed properly is just as strong as a regular nut and washer. They expand or collapse (varying styles) on the back side of where they're mounted and provide a mechanical clamp. So I wouldn't worry a bit about them holding your cooling fan or any other component. The issue I've observed is there is variation in the products, the method used, and the operator when they're installed. Sometimes not in a good way. The failure mode is they spin when tightened or even worse maybe when loosened. Not going to fall out, but can be a real problem nonetheless. Not suggesting you need to go back and change what you did. Your choice. But done right they're totally acceptable.

Keep up the good work.

Paul, thanks for the words of encouragement... trying to go slow and take my time, so far I am really happy with the powder coating I selected it seems to be exceptionally durable and does not scratch easily. I am definitely taking your build thread documentation to move me forward in my build process, along with many others on this forum. This place is such a great resource.

I do not have any experience with riv nuts, building this car is my first time ever using them. If I need to remove the fan after the car is completed assuming I will just remove the entire fan shroud? Not sure how difficult this would be with the body on? I was just concerned about the bolt possibly backing off with vibrations from engine and fan running.