Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  210
Likes Likes:  305

Thread: JB in NOVA's MK4 build : First overnight road trip!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    JB, I'm very pleased with my stainless braided lines if I do say so myself. If you do use AN fittings be warned they do cross thread very easily. I had to get 1 additional fitting from Breeze. Do you have any idea of what p/s pump you will use? Mine is a KRC that Mike Forte put on my eng. I ordered more braided line from Breeze than I needed so had some left over and in my application I used 2 straight fittings and 2 90 degree fittings. Hopefully this COVID-19 will pass soon and you can maybe come and see my build and I can lend you some tools for cutting the stainless line and testing the completed lines for leaks. Also I have the EASTWOOD flaring tool for doing brake line flares Tony has it now. This got longer than I expected so I'll get off now.
    JR
    Mk4 complete kit #9059 ordered 1/19/17 delivered 3/23/17, 2015 IRS, Fortes/DART347,TKO 600, hyd clutch, P/S, 12.88 wilwood brakes front and rear, heater/defrost and vintage gauges
    First start and go-cart 4/11/18. Taken To Whitby Motorcars Greensboro, N.C. 2/5/21 for body/paint

2. Thanks JB in NOVA thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jrcuz View Post
    JB, I'm very pleased with my stainless braided lines if I do say so myself. If you do use AN fittings be warned they do cross thread very easily. I had to get 1 additional fitting from Breeze. Do you have any idea of what p/s pump you will use? Mine is a KRC that Mike Forte put on my eng. I ordered more braided line from Breeze than I needed so had some left over and in my application I used 2 straight fittings and 2 90 degree fittings. Hopefully this COVID-19 will pass soon and you can maybe come and see my build and I can lend you some tools for cutting the stainless line and testing the completed lines for leaks. Also I have the EASTWOOD flaring tool for doing brake line flares Tony has it now. This got longer than I expected so I'll get off now.
    JR
    That Eastwood professional flaring tool is great. JB/JR happy to pass it along.

JR, getting ready to cut and fix up my braided fuel lines. Sending you a PM.
    MKIV Complete Kit #9494 l Delivered 1/5/19 l First Start 11/28/20 l First Go-kart 4/11/21 l Carb'd 347 l Mid-shift TKO600 l 3.55 IRS l P/S l Forte Mechanical Throttle Linkage l RT Turn Signal, Drop Trunk l Breeze Upper/Lower Radiator Support, Fan Shroud l Boig Upper/Lower Cool Tubes & Quiet Pipes l 18" FFR Gasser Wheels l Build Thread