Well, my sailing trip fell through, which is a real bummer. I was really looking forward to spending some time on the open water. The only upside is that I had time to work on the Roadster project this weekend. First, I installed the DS inner footbox panels:

I patched some of the bigger gaps inside the footbox using thin aluminum pieces and caulk. I don’t want to depend entirely on the insulating material to keep heat and water out. Hopefully this will help a bit:

Next, I installed the fuse panel. I found I had to trim a bit from the mounting plate to get it to fit the fuse panel properly – not sure if FFR has changed something recently. You can see the mismatch here, especially on the left-hand side:

Not a big deal, I just made a few cuts with my Dremel tool, and everything fit perfectly. I installed it in the FFR-recommended location under the master cylinders, but I added a support member for the front, outboard corner, as others have suggested:

Next, I did a rough install of the Ron Francis wiring harness. For me, wiring an entire car is a fairly intimidating task, so I’m trying to take it slowly and methodically. I’m sure I will make mistakes, but I’d like to avoid any catastrophic mistakes, so please let me know if you see anything going seriously awry. Because I’m running a Holley Sniper EFI, I decided to drill three 1 ¼ inch holes in the firewall as suggested in the RF instructions (although I understand It’s possible to get away with just two). As currently roughed in, I’ve got the main harness on the passenger’s side, the sending harness in the middle, and the rear harness on the driver’s side:

I’ve got the front harness coming through the DS footbox front wall and running along the outside of the upper frame rail, per the RF instructions:

So far, I’ve only wired the headlight switch and the ignition switch; otherwise everything is still unconnected:

I have a couple questions for the forum, which I’ll put in a separate post.