Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: door window install questions

Post Thanks / Like

door window install questions

Hello,

Before I pull my hair out, what is the best way to get the door windows to not bunch up on the cats head gasket in the cornersIMG_20200505_094144206.jpg? The weatherstrip is bunching at the lower front radius of the door window opening. The glass doesn't want to go into the groove. It is like the door needs to be cut away.

IMG_20200505_094144206.jpg

Zach
    Last edited by sperger72; 05-05-2020 at 09:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Zach,

Have you solved this problem? I'm having the same issue.

Thanks,
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FLFrank35 View Post
    Zach,

Have you solved this problem? I'm having the same issue.

Thanks,
    Frank
    On mine the glass (edge) was supper thick in those areas so I ground them down to same thickness as the rest and helped quite a bit. But I also had to trim the gap a little wider to get the space for the glass to match the horizontal and vertical. Just work a little a little at a time. When said and done my windows worked pretty much like OEM and was real pleased with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bnelson View Post
    On mine the glass (edge) was supper thick in those areas so I ground them down to same thickness as the rest and helped quite a bit. But I also had to trim the gap a little wider to get the space for the glass to match the horizontal and vertical. Just work a little a little at a time. When said and done my windows worked pretty much like OEM and was real pleased with them.
    Ok, I noticed the uneven fiberglass edges and tried to even those out. I'll focus on those corners.
    Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Frank,

I do not get it perfect. I was told just part of it. I sold my truck was tried of the hassle.

Sorry,

Zach

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for responding. I have the corners opened up to about .8 of an inch (enough?), I just don’t want to go too far and cause it to leak. It seems like I’ve got it close but the cat head still bunches up in the corners and the glass rubs against it as it goes up and down. That causes a lot of friction on the glass and has destroyed the cat head while working the window up/down with each test-fit (luckily I have more).

it seems like the cat head doesn’t like to be bent around those corners. I wonder if I should try a better quality