Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  14

Thread: Engine Opinions and suppliers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly you’ll get a million options on this. Personally I believe the coyote is a great motor but as with all options has some compromises mainly as it’s a little more difficult to install and is a tight fit. How ever it makes good power and and is fuel injected so it runs and starts like any modern car. It’s a install and forget it motor which is a big plus. A SBF tends to be cheaper and you can add fuel injection later if want and it will be just as turn key as a coyote while making as much power as you want. My 461 ci SBF makes 645 hp and over 655 ft lbs of torque and is built to take 1,200 hp if I want (and is perfectly driveable). As far as other non Ford engines I always scratch my head as a Ford will drop in, make as much power and can be just as light weigh as any other engine. So it doest make much sense to me. If you want to be different, go for it but why make it hard if it doest have to be. “Driveable” is a relative term as the peddle on the far right and your brain determine that. If you want to cruse with the car and have fun my personal option is 400-500 hp is about a bulls eye. One thing to look for in a engine builder or supplier is what do they do when things go south and you have a problem.
    Last edited by GFX2043mtu; 05-11-2020 at 10:16 PM.
    Mk4, Moser M88 rear end, Eaton truetrak, Craft Racing 461 Windsor, MMR pro trans, Glenn’s 1,000 hp cobra fuel system and lots of other parts.