Like many on forum this the beginning of fulfilling a lifelong dream of building a car, something I’ve been working toward for 10 years.

Back on 1/31/2020, I used some of work frequent flyer miles and visited FFR with the goal of deciding on a Hot Rod or Truck.
I’m 6’1” so I figured I end up with truck due to head room, but Tony at FFR said I’d end up with a Hot Rod. Tony was right, I fit in the gen 2 Hot Rod much better. The truck didn’t have enough leg room and the steering wheel seemed close.
The next decision was stick or auto tranny, I went with a stick. I sat in two 33 Hot Rods with sticks at FFR and thought both had plenty of leg room.
FYI, the Speedster my head hit the roof and the covertible with deluxe nose my head just brushed the inside of the roof.

On 2/5/2020, I placed my order for the following:
Full 33 Hot Rod Kit
32 Deluxe nose w/ hood and side covers
Hard Top
Power windows
3 link Moser rear end with brake upgrade
Black leather seats upgrade – I’ve had multiple back surgeries and the individual seats felt better for my back than the bench seat.
Bike Fenders
AC

When I started out thinking about engines I looked into Coyotes, then GM LSs, read a bunch of 33 build threads, and then had an 86 Ford 5.0L HO and T5 fall in my lap for next nothing. 86 is the first year for a roller cam in the Ford Windsor family. The T5 is rebuilt, but the 5.0L needed to be rebuilt.

I’ve owned a 1995 BMW M3 for 15 years that I’ve taken to open track day events at Gingerman and Grattan road courses for the last 8 or 9 years. The M3 weighs about 3,200lbs and has modified inline 6 that has 250hp at the wheels. The M3 is faster on track than I am and can hit 60mph in 5.5 to 6 secs w/o beating on the car too hard.

My plan was to farm out the engine machine work out and do the my first engine rebuild, targeting 325 to 350hp.
But, at the end of February I fell and tore the rotator cuff in my right shoulder so I had CD Engines in Hudsonville, MI rebuild the engine for me.
2,200lbs and 325hp will be fast and I think a good balance, this car will see some track time.

My FFR kit was delivered on 5/6.
Due to covid-16, my shoulder surgery finally happened on last week on 5/19.
For the next 5 weeks, my right arm will be a sling and then I’ll be on weight limit for a few more weeks

I was able to get few things done before surgery and I'll post info on that shortly.

Thanks,
Andy